Credit card types

bogdan
bogdan
Community Member

Hello,

Is it possible to edit / add (credit) card types? Currently there are VISA, MasterCard, American Express, etc. However, in Canada there is another very popular card type: "Interac":

http://interac.ca

This is a kind of a debit card which is also your primary identification card for your bank (account).

Is there any way to add this card type / title?

Thanks,
Bogdan.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bogdan: While 1Password doesn't know about "Interac" in particular, you should still be able to save other crucial details as a Credit Card item so that 1Password can fill your account number, etc. Does that work for you? Apart from the name, are there other significant differences with how they work? That may be something we can add to the apps in a future version. Also, according to their website, Canada finally got Apple Pay! :love:

• bogdan
    bogdan
    Community Member

From the technical stand point it works similar to a regular credit/debit card. It has slightly different parameters (like the amount of digits in the card number), but nothing major.

It would be convenient to have an opportunity to edit/add credit card labels, this would address this kind of issues (considering that it doesn't require any special form or template for card details).

Thanks,
    Bogdan.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I agree! Thanks for the additional information on this. :chuffed:

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@brenty I would then like to request the Maestro credit card type :dizzy:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

@ntimo: Thanks for letting us know! :) :+1:

ref: OPM-940

• KZeni
    KZeni
    Community Member

I'd like to request "Amazon Store Card" (or just "Store Card") be added. That said, "Synchrony" is the actual provider of the card (details: https://amazon.com/storecard).

Otherwise, possibly adding an "Other" option in the Type field for Credit Cards would be greatly appreciated so that detail can be filled in without needing to have it manually added to the list on the application's end. For example, I had selected "Visa" on accident and have no way to remove that selection and it's currently forced to be something that's inaccurate unless I delete the card & re-enter all of the info.

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@KZeni: Excellent points! Thanks for the vote! :)

• kriser
    kriser
    Community Member

Hello !
    Now there is a MAESTRO Card Category, but it did not fit my "Deutsche Bank Card" and i think all German Maestro girocards are closely the same.
    Because the Card Number is followed by a "/" and a 3 digit Number (the branch number),but there is only a Numbersblock to put in the Numbers , also the valid Date is only the Year, no Month, but you have to choose a Month.

Thanks kriser

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kriser: 1Password only supports the month/day format, but we can certainly consider adding other options and cards in the future. Thanks for letting us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.