Trying to delete duplicate item moves both copies to Trash

Options
Drew_AG
Drew_AG
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Yet another duplication question.

Comments

• tsjones
    tsjones
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

I'm having the same issue, multiple copies of the same login in one vault. Also user error. When I try to delete manually, I'll highlight one, hit shift+delete and both (or multiple) from same domain will disappear, https://youtu.be/yO9yLhouiWM?rel=0.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

FWIW,
    1Password
    Version 6.2.1 (621001)
    Mac App Store

OSX 10.11.5 (15F34)
    Mac mini (Late 2012)
    2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tsjones have you tried dragging and dropping the items to the trash instead of hitting Shift + Delete to get rid of them?

• tsjones
    tsjones
    Community Member
    Options

Just tried, it had the same effect.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tsjones,

This is a bit different than the problem from the previous thread, so I've moved your messages to a separate discussion. I hope you don't mind!

Thank you very much for including the video in your first post! It's really helpful to see exactly what you're talking about, and I noticed something in it that I think explains what's happening. Just below the 'Search' field, I see that you've selected 'Show Websites with Multiple Items' from the item list header. With that option selected, if the same website is found in multiple Logins, they will each be listed there (you have lots of duplicates, so many of your Login items are shown in that list). But if a website is only found in a single Login item, that item won't appear in that list. Once you delete a duplicate, the remaining copy of that item is the only one which has that particular website, and therefore it's removed from that view.

So this is actually correct behavior, but I can see how it would be confusing. If you change the item list header from 'Show Websites with Multiple Items' to 'Title', you'll see all of your Login items, including the ones that disappeared from the "websites with multiple items" list (only the copies you chose to delete will be in the Trash).

I hope that helps to explain what happened! If you have more questions about that, please let us know. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.