How do I open 1password on a work computer that i'm not allowed to install software on?

Options
warburtonlabs
warburtonlabs
Community Member

We're not allowed to install software on our computers at work. So i synced my opvault to dropbox. But how do i open 1password on my work computer? There's a folder in dropbox called 1password.opvault > default > and then a whole bunch of band_ files and a profile.js., none of which open when clicked. There's nothing that opens up a place for me to get my passwords.
I'm terribly confounded.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:cannot install 1password on work computer

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @warburtonlabs,

I apologize for the confusion! The OPVault file stored in Dropbox requires the 1Password app to open the data.

If you need to access your 1Password data on a computer that you cannot install software on, I recommend looking into 1Password Teams or 1Password Families. When you sign up for a 1Password Teams or 1Password Families account, you will have access to your data via a web view, in addition to a lot of other awesome features.

I hope this helps!

• warburtonlabs
    warburtonlabs
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the clarification. I wish I had known this beforehand as it would have been a factor in buying the app.
    I paid $65 and now I'd need to spend another $60 a year to be able to access it from my work computer? That's seems a bit excessive.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@warburtonlabs I see that you purchased a license within the last week. If you're interested in 1Password Families or 1Password Teams, please email us at support@agilebits.com with a link to this thread so we can see if we can make the switch a little more palatable :)

This discussion has been closed.