iOS Pro Features unavailable after update

Options
CUTodd
CUTodd
Community Member

I just noticed that after the update to 6.4.1 that Pro features have been disabled. When I try to restore the in-app purchase I am prompted for my AppleID password (let's just call it AID1) and then told that in-app purchase was made with a different AppleID. This is entirely possible, as I may have purchased it with my spouses ID (let's call this one AID2) before Apple instituted their family sharing. But previous updates for the last year have been done with AID1 without losing the pro features. I tried logging out of the App Store with AID1 and signed in with AID2, but when I try to restore the purchases in 1P the prompt has AID1 preloaded.

Do I really have to logout of my AppleID (AID1, again) everywhere on my phone in order to put in the other (AID2) to get an in-app purchase restored? This seems extreme given how the "family" approach of AppleIDs is supposed to work. Doesn't help that there are multiple places to logout of the AppleID. I thought in-app purchases where also shared among those already in the App Store family.

Todd

1Password Version: 6.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:pro-features-faq, ug:ios/, kb:pro-features-faq

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@CUTodd: Sorry for the confusion! Apple's Family Sharing does not support in-app purchases, such as the Pro Features in 1Password, though I hope it may be possible in the future.

More to the point, unless the app itself is installed onto the device using the purchasing Apple ID and you're logged into that same Apple ID when attempting to restore the purchase, the App Store won't validate it. That's simply the way that App Store purchase receipts work. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you. It sounds like you have a lot of Apple IDs you're trying to juggle there, and I can only imagine that would be difficult. :(

• CUTodd
    CUTodd
    Community Member
    Options

I thought that might be the case, but was somewhat confused about the fact that this hadn't been visible until the last update. So I've thrown another $7 at you guys this morning, but did so gladly given how your company operates!

As to the AppleID juggling, that is due to being a long time Apple user and having to live through several iterations of Apple trying to achieve "it just works" when it comes to those IDs.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CUTodd,

Thank you very much for your support to 1Password, we appreciate it a lot! :chuffed: I can imagine how annoying it must get with the different AppleID's throughout time! I hope you don't run into any other issues about it.

If there's anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask, we're always here to help! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.