iPhone & ipad

Options
buzzy
buzzy
Community Member

Hi Iam new here so be gently with me .
I would like some info about using the 1password app I have just purchased for my iPhone 5s software 9.3.2
I would like to also download the app to my IPad , I believe that you can see the same info on iPhone and IPad without having to buy the app again not sure how you do this.
When I tried to download the app to my iPad it reported that it would only work on ver 9.3 my ver is 8.3 I didn't want to update the iPad as I had terrible trouble trying to update my wifes iPad spent all day getting it working again using iTunes .
It did give me the choice to download a older version of password but not sure if that would work and be able to see same info on both devices any Help please.
Buzzy

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@buzzy: First, I'd definitely recommend updating the iPad to take advantage of important security fixes and new features, but only after doing a full backup of 1Password and your device. Most of the time there's no problem, but it's better to be safe than sorry. ;)

However, it should be perfectly fine to install 1Password 5 on iOS 8 from your App Store purchases. You simply won't benefit from any changes that have happened in the past year or so.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• buzzy
    buzzy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi thanks for Responce
    I did the download to My iPad I presume it was the older version as it would not do the one I have purchased.
    After instal and opening with the same master password I now can see the structure Catogeries and Favourities.
    But no Folders . I then went into settings as suggested by the pop up and selected synch , this now shows the same content that is on my iPhone but without the folder option at least I'm part way there.
    Great app thanks buzzy

• Ben
    Options

Hi @buzzy,

Are you viewing your 1Password data from the "All Vaults" view (top left circular icon)? If so that may be the difficulty. Folders are not supported in All Vaults. You'd need to switch your view to the specific vault that has folders in it that you'd like to see.

Going forward you may find tags to be more convenient than folders.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.