I have 1P I downloaded from Mac App Store. I'd like to do 1P for families. Is this possible?

gpmooremd
gpmooremd
Community Member

I have 1P I downloaded from Mac App Store. I'd like to do 1P for families. Is this possible?
I don't see a license key

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have 1P I downloaded from Mac App Store. I'd like to do 1P for families. Is this possible?

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

Hi @gpmooremd,

Thanks for your interest in 1Password Families! A Families subscription includes all 1Password apps. No license is necessary, you just sign up for a Families account, enter your account info in the app's Preferences, and your active account acts as both the license and the sync service.

Here's the guide to help you get set up with a Families account:

Quick Start: 1Password Families and Teams

I hope this helps clarify Families a bit. :) Let us know if you have any other questions!

• gpmooremd
    gpmooremd
    Community Member

Thanks for your response, Vee.

So the money I spent on the mac version for myself & iPhone and all is not able to be credited towards a family membership?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gpmooremd: Correct. App purchases from the Mac App Store are through Apple. 1Password Families (and Teams) is a subscription service from AgileBits. We don't even have access to Apple's sales records. However, if you've purchased within the past 30 days, shoot us an email at support@1password.com with a copy of your receipt and we'll see if there's something we can do to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.