1Password not syncing

Options
mikegirgis
mikegirgis
Community Member

I am having a problem with 1password not syncing from my iPad pro. I have the latest versions on my iPad pro, iPhone and mac and if I make any changes on my iPhone or mac, the changes get synced to all my devices including my iPad pro, but any changes I make on my iPad pro don't get synced with my mac or iPhone. I am using dropbox sync, and I only have one vault. Can anyone help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mikegirgis,

Thanks for taking the note. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting everything to sync. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• cona7351
    cona7351
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having the exact same problem. Can you post how to fix it if you get a result please

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cona7351

I see you've started an additional thread with regard to this issue; I've answered you there, so it'll be easier to keep track of the communication if we can restrict our replies to one another to a single thread. Thanks!

• mikegirgis
    mikegirgis
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I have just sent through the diagnostic reports. As I said in my email, the problem seemed to resolve itself for a little while when I force closed my app on my iPad pro, and then did a hard reset on my iPad pro. Everything started working again for a couple of days, but has now stopped working. It seems if I make a change on the iPad pro it doesn't seem to alter the dropbox file at all, even when I manually push the sync button in the settings. However my iPhone and iMac make changes to the dropbox file without any issues, and these changes are then seen on my iPad pro after syncing. Does that make any sense?

It also seemed that the problem occurred after I used the 1password extension on safari on my iPad pro but this may have just been a coincidence.

I just force closed the password app on my iPad pro and restarted the app without doing a hard reset on the iPad and 1password is syncing properly again. Not quite sure what is going on!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mikegirgis,

We have received your diagnostics report and someone will be in touch with you soon. We'll continue the conversation over email :chuffed:

ref: QWJ-66787-573

• gamma6
    gamma6
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hey,

I have the same problem. I use 1Password 6.4.1 on an iPhone 6S with iOS 9.3.2. It seems to happen after 1Password has been running in the background for a while. The behavior is as follows:

I add a Secure Note on 1Password Windows. The note shows up on iOS after a few seconds.
    I add a Secure Note on 1Password iOS. The note does not show up on Windows. 1Password iOS still says it synced correctly.
    I force close 1Password iOS and open it again. The note shows up on Windows after a few seconds.

I don't know what causes 1Password iOS to stop uploading changes to Dropbox but I will check if it's after a specific time in the background.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gamma6,

You certainly shouldn’t have to force-quit the app in this case. When you say "1Password iOS still says it synced correctly” how are you determining this?

If you open 1Password’s Settings > Sync and tap the ‘Sync now’ option, does it push the changes to Dropbox?

• gamma6
    gamma6
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hey @Megan,

that's exactly where I look. I make a change and look at the sync settings and it says that it synced a few seconds ago. Manually syncing is the same. When the app is in that state it pulls changes from Dropbox but does not push its own changes.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gamma6,

Let’s take a closer look at your system to see if we can determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• gamma6
    gamma6
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hey @Megan,

the ID is [#HNC-97469-716]. I don't know what exactly you can see in the report but the bug occured about 2 days ago shortly before I made my first post in this thread. After that I force closed the app and it hasn't occured since then.

Edit: The log actually starts after I force closed the app and opened it again so I'll probably have to wait until the bug occurs again and send a new report.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gamma6,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! We’ve heard a few more reports of sync misbehaving, so your report could help us narrow it down.

I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: HNC-97469-716

This discussion has been closed.