Why can't I open my IPassword account using the locked key Icon I have always used?

Arahovitika
Arahovitika
Community Member

I have been using IPassword for over a year, very easy and I have stored all my passwords. Now I can't open it, because the locked password with key Icon does not show up on my IPad for me to plug in my master password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:extension-troubleshooting, kb:update-1password, ug:ios/, kb:extension-troubleshooting, kb:update-1password

Comments

• Hi @Arahovitika,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Unfortunately I'm not sure I follow. Could you please elaborate? Where were you used to seeing this "locked password with key icon"? Please walk us through the steps you're following, what you expect to happen, and what happens instead.

Thanks!

Ben

• Arahovitika
    Arahovitika
    Community Member

Normally I just go to the IPassword app on my IPad, and the locked key icon comes up which prompts me to put in my password. Now when I open up the app it gives me a page that asks if I want family included in vault, etc.etc. Why will your sign in screen not come up when I access the app? Thank you for your help, this is very frustrating as all my passwords are on the site and I do not have a hard copy anywhere

• @Arahovitika,

It sounds like you are getting our "welcome" screen, which normally only happens if you have not added any vaults to 1Password.

Where do you store your 1Password data? Is it synced with Dropbox or iCloud? Or do you have a 1Password for Families or 1Password for Teams subscription? Do you have it available on any other devices? Or is it stored only on your iPad?

Ben

• Arahovitika
    Arahovitika
    Community Member

Sorry for the delay Ben, I had to go out. Re yr questions, no I haven't added any vaults to 1Password and I tried to sync it today with ICloud, but I don't think anything happened. No I do not have a password for families or team subscription. And it is stored only on my IPad. I wish I could just get back that simple screen which just asks for my password and unlocks immediately.

• @Arahovitika

Could you please try restarting your iPad and see if that helps any?

Ben

• Arahovitika
    Arahovitika
    Community Member

Ben, I restarted my IPad, but doesn't help. I now get the sign in locked screen, but when I put in my password I get the settings screen and not my list of password/user names

• Thanks, @Arahovitika.

Please try launching Safari and typing this, exactly, in the address bar:

onepassword://diagnostics

Safari should prompt you if you'd like to open the page in 1Password, to which you should answer yes. Hopefully that'll open up a Mail window with a diagnostics file attached. Please add a link to this thread ( https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/65058/ ) to the message and then send it. Once you've done so you should receive an automatic response from BitBot. Please post the support ID that it sends you here.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.