Double Click -> Copy Password

cwanja
cwanja
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I noticed in the change log for the beta, that there was this:

[NEW] Large type. Double-click on password field to view large type. Click on large type popup to dismiss

Can it be a setting, or default, to the ability to double click and put the password on the clip board? I am not sure if this functionality is in the Mac app or not, but I feel like I have done it there. Or maybe it is just click to copy.

1Password Version: 1Password 2016.5.2401d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited May 2016

Hi @cwanja,

You could click on the [copy] button to copy it to your clipboard or use Control + Shift + C when you select an item to copy its username or password.

As for the Mac app, it's the same, click the [copy] button to copy the value. We have a dropdown arrow you can click next to [copy] to perform additional actions like this:

We might add an option later to adjust what you can do for double-click but for now, we'll leave it be for large type.

• cwanja
    cwanja
    Community Member

I have been using the keystroke shortcut since the copy is all the way to the right of the window.

An additional bug I have found is that (at least on my machine) - Windows + Shift + L does not lock the application. All it does is paste a capital L in the search bar.

Finally, on the Mac app - does it auto search while you are typing? I believe it does (pardon all my "I believe this" and "I believe that"). Any future plans to do the same to the Windows app?

I might seem needy, but I am just happy we have a Windows app I can use that the office.

• Hi @cwanja,

• Windows + Shift + L does not lock the application. All it does is paste a capital L in the search bar.

It's a known issue and will be fixed.

Finally, on the Mac app - does it auto search while you are typing? I believe it does (pardon all my "I believe this" and "I believe that"). Any future plans to do the same to the Windows app?

We do plan to be very consistent between both Windows and Mac apps, that's one of our goals in this new version. (Ssh, we actually want to be better than the Mac app but don't tell the Mac team. :smile:)

We do want to do the following:

1. As soon as you unlock the app, focus the search field, so you can start filtering to find what you want
    2. Filter the item list as you type. Right now, you have to press enter to do this
    3. Offer Control + F to focus the search field

and more.

I might seem needy, but I am just happy we have a Windows app I can use that the office.

I'm glad you're happy with it so far and you're not being needy at all. You just want the first-class 1Password app that we offer on other platforms that Windows deserve as well and that's what we're working on.

Please do bring up any thoughts, suggestions, requests you have and we'll make sure it goes on our list. We do have a long list already and we're working as fast as we can to get it really awesome.

This discussion has been closed.