Unable to click Continue button after selecting sync file in Dropbox

Options
Drew_AG
Drew_AG
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password not accepting Dropbox folder..

Comments

• bube
    bube
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

I have the same problem here - dropbox sync used to work on OSX and IOS for a couple of years. For whatever reason (update?) the OSX sync stopped two week ago. I tried to re-connect but after choosing the dropbox folder with the 1P chain I cannot proceed with the next step to save. Rebooting did not work for me. Any suggestions? Screenshot attached.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bube,

Sorry to hear you're also having trouble re-enabling Dropbox sync with an existing sync file! It sounds like you might be running into a different problem than the OP, but just to make sure - if you follow Rudy's suggestion to select the specific sync file in your Dropbox folder (instead of selecting the Dropbox folder itself), does that make a difference?

Let us know how it goes, thanks! :)

• bube
    bube
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - there is no difference if I choose folder or dropbox. I cannot proceed clicking "next" (German: "weiter"). The button seems inactive or otherwise blocked.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bube,

Thanks for clarifying that. This is a bit different than the problem from the previous thread, so I've moved your messages to a separate discussion. I hope you don't mind!

So, the strange thing is that you shouldn't actually be seeing a 'Weiter' (Continue/Next) button at all at that point. After choosing the existing sync file from Dropbox, that button should change to a 'Merge With Existing' button. In a few cases where I've seen this happen, it turned out to be a problem with the sync file (and if that's the case here, it might also explain why Dropbox sync became disabled in the first place). In your screenshot, I see that you're trying to re-enable Dropbox sync for your secondary vault in 1Password. Were you able to successfully re-enable Dropbox sync for the Primary vault?

As a test, please cancel out of the sync dialog (if it's still open), then go to the Finder and navigate to your local Dropbox folder. Find your sync file in there and double-click on it. Does that cause 1Password to prompt you to create a new vault to sync with that file? If so, please try doing that to see if it works. If it doesn't work or you don't get that prompt when double-clicking the sync file, what happens instead?

• bube
    bube
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your kind support. The double-click helped to fix it. I just deleted the old entry.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news @bube, I'm glad to hear that helped solve the problem! I'm not sure why you weren't able to re-enable sync between the existing vault and the sync file, but you should be all set as long as it's working with the new vault. Of course, if you run into more problems with that or need anything else, we're always happy to help! :)

• bube
    bube
    Community Member
    Options

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.