Keeps opening new tab to sign in to Apple

Options
kentog
kentog
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Mac

Why am I being asked 100 times to sign in to my Apple account? Then when I sign in, nothing happens, and I go back to my other tab. After 15 seconds of work, it sends me back to the tab to sign in.
I cannot sign in on that page. It has taken me there at least 5 times while writing this post.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kooperlarry
    kooperlarry
    Community Member
    Options

The same thing is happening to me! Please fix this, it is super annoying!

• JCD
    JCD
    Community Member
    Options

Ditto. The first time I use 1PW to fill a login in a browsing session it opens two Apple ID sign-in tabs. I sign in with my ID and nothing happens - just an endlessly spinning circle. I started to wonder if I was being phished.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello all,

First I want to apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused. You can learn more about what's happening by clicking here. The short version is that the token used to sync data using iCloud has been expired by Apple twice over the last few days. When this happens, the next time 1Password tries to sync using iCloud, it's told that the token has expired and prompts you to re-authenticate everything so sync will work again.

You should be able to fix this by entering your Apple ID information in the web page. This is the system that Apple uses for apps using CloudKitJS. It should only be opening once, but a bug in 1Password 6.2.1 leads it to open multiple times. You can fix this by updating to 1Password 6.3 for Mac -- which comes with a bunch of other improvements! -- and then adding your credentials. Or follow these steps:

1. Open the 1Password application and go to Preferences and click on Sync.
    2. Select the Primary vault and set Sync to none. Do not check the box to remove data from iCloud when asked. You want to leave it there.
    3. Set Sync back to iCloud and it will ask you to log in with your Apple ID one more time. This should be the last time, until your login token expires at some point in the future.

Either method should resolve the problem. Again, sorry for the inconvenience and frustration, and I hope this fixes everything :)

This discussion has been closed.