Merciless, repeated requests to "Sign in to 1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet".

Options
mwbalbus
mwbalbus
Community Member

My computer keeps prompting me to "Sign in to 1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet". Even when I close Safari, it reopens with the request. In typing this question, Safari has re-opened five times. The request has an Apple logo in the upper left corner, but 1-Password logo in the center. PLEASE help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:merciless, repeated request to "Sign in to 1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet"

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @mwbalbus, here's my response from a similar thread:

First I want to apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused. You can learn more about what's happening by clicking here. The short version is that the token used to sync data using iCloud has been expired by Apple twice over the last few days. When this happens, the next time 1Password tries to sync using iCloud, it's told that the token has expired and prompts you to re-authenticate everything so sync will work again.

You should be able to fix this by entering your Apple ID information in the web page. This is the system that Apple uses for apps using CloudKitJS. It should only be opening once, but a bug in 1Password 6.2.1 leads it to open multiple times. You can fix this by updating to 1Password 6.3 for Mac -- which comes with a bunch of other improvements! -- and then adding your credentials. Or follow these steps:

1. Open the 1Password application and go to Preferences and click on Sync.
    2. Select the Primary vault and set Sync to none. Do not check the box to remove data from iCloud when asked. You want to leave it there.
    3. Set Sync back to iCloud and it will ask you to log in with your Apple ID one more time. This should be the last time, until your login token expires at some point in the future.

Either method should resolve the problem. Again, sorry for the inconvenience and frustration, and I hope this fixes everything :)

• mwbalbus
    mwbalbus
    Community Member
    Options

Nasty, nasty glitch - it basically crippled the machine, until I re-booted in Safe Mode. Your recommendations worked and it is running smoothly, now. Thanks for the rapid reply!

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mwbalbus absolutely! The important thing is that we got everything taken care of and, fingers crossed, this won't happen again any time soon :sweat:

• MartinJa
    MartinJa
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, by "won't happen again" did you mean no more prompts or no multiple prompts?

I am asking because today I had to enter the login twice within 30 minutes.

How do stop this token from expiring or is it just another annyoing 'feature' of icloud?

I never wanted to sync via icloud but I could not find a way of syncing three devices (iphone, macbook and mac mini) via my home wifi. Or is there?

Appreciate any help with this.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@martinja for some reason the tokens keep expiring in what appears to be a 24-hour window. We're doing our best to figure out why that is, but we don't have anything to share at this point. Hopefully we'll have an answer sooner rather than later.

You can absolutely sync your data across your iPhone, MacBook, and Mac mini without using iCloud. Check out our guide to syncing your 1Password data. 8-)

This discussion has been closed.