Do I have to pay 65.00 after re-installing 1password?

Options
petelarson
petelarson
Community Member

Couldn't remember master password so uninstalled everything. When I went to re-install the price was $65. Huge shock!

1Password Version: not sure
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Do I have to pay 65.00 after re-installing 1password?

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@petelarson Nope! From where did you originally purchase the app, the Mac App Store or the AgileBits store?

• petelarson
    petelarson
    Community Member
    Options

Don't remember. When I uninstalled I dragged both files to desktop and re-started, but wasn't told from where I bought the app.

• petelarson
    petelarson
    Community Member
    Options

Don't remember. When I uninstalled I dragged both files to desktop and re-started, but wasn't told from where I bought the app.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@petelarson,

I'm not seeing a license in our system associated with the email address you used to sign up for this forum. That doesn't mean you don't have a license, though. You could have simply used a different email address when you purchased your license from the AgileBits Store.

Or…

Maybe you purchased 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store. If so, we won't be able to access that. Only Apple has access to your purchase history. Well, you also have access to your Mac App Store purchase history. You can try checking it to see if that's where you purchased the 1Password Mac app. Open the App Store app on your Mac. Click on the Purchases tab. If 1Password is listed there, you can install 1Password from there without any additional charge. This is true for any app your purchased from the Mac App Store. You can always reinstall them for free.

Purchases tab in the Mac App Store

• If you don't see 1Password there, is it possible you were using 1Password in the free trial mode?
    • If you know you purchased 1Password, try searching your email archive for the receipt.
    • If you think you purchased your license under a different email address, you email us and let us know what the other address might be: support+licenses@agilebits.com

Let me know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.