Not prompting for login when multiple logins exist

Options
mdvzo
mdvzo
Community Member

Latest Version no longer prompts for which login when multiple logins exists for a site. If you have more than 1 login for a site the latest version does not prompt you to choose if you use the shortcut to autofill. I am now forced to use my mouse and click on the toolbar button

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.6 15G7A
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mdvzo,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

I'm not able to reproduce this in my testing. The first thing I would check is that the URLs in each Login item for the site are identical. You can copy and paste the URL from one to the other(s) to ensure they are identical.

The main reason you may see behavior like that is if:

• you have this setting turned OFF in Settings > Browsers: "Allow filling on pages that closely match saved websites"
    • and the URLs in the Login items have different subdomains (www.google.com and accounts.google.com, for example)

Let me know if that helps. :)

• zebdro
    zebdro
    Community Member
    Options

I had this same problem when I started working with 1password on a new mac. The language used in the setting is totally opaque to me. Please consider rewording it to something that reveals the benefit, like "offer a list of logins to a site that has more then 1 set of saved credentials" or something.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

I had this same problem when I started working with 1password on a new mac. The language used in the setting is totally opaque to me. Please consider rewording it to something that reveals the benefit, like "offer a list of logins to a site that has more then 1 set of saved credentials" or something.

@zebdro: Unfortunately that doesn't accurately describe what the setting does. We've used different terminology over the years (previously it was "lenient URL matching"), and so far we've had good feedback on the current wording. "Allow filling on pages that closely match saved websites" is accurate, since both steam powered.com and storesteampowered.com can be used with the same login, whereas steamcommunity.com can not. There's more to it than that, but that's a concrete example. The problem is that the setting itself is confusing enough that different people will misinterpret it no matter how it is phrased, but we'll continue to consider alternatives. Thanks for the feedback! :)

This discussion has been closed.