When I open 1Password, safari opens three screens with "login with 1Password" and asks my apple-Id

Options
KoenK
KoenK
Community Member

I use 1Password for a long time now, but since a couple of days, when I open 1 Password, Safari starts opening three tabs of the same screens to login with my Apple-Id. And it continues opening tabs as long as I have 1Password running. I tried login in once, but it didn't solve anything. Does anyone know what this is? I did install the new El Capitain update two days ago (10.11.5), so it might have something to do with this!

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KoenK,

I’m sorry for the inconveniences that this annoying issue is causing to you. You can read the detailed explanation of what's going on, why it's happening and how to fix it on this post. You should also update to the latest version of 1Password (6.3), where a fix to the multiple tabs and the confusion has been added.

Thank you for your patience with 1Password, please let us know if there's anything else that we can help you with :chuffed:

• KoenK
    KoenK
    Community Member
    Options

Dear @Pilar,

Thanks for your help. Now I'm halfway there. I installed the latest version. Now, instead of three new tabs, I get only one, prompting me for my iCloud credentials (with a message from 1Password). However, I get this every time I open Safari and use 1Password. What am I doing wrong? I also installed the latest version of the Safari extension.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KoenK,

If you installed 1Password version 6.3, that should fix a bug that caused the Apple ID sign-in window to open rapidly, over and over again each time the login token for your iCloud account expired. However, there's still a problem in which that token is being expired about once per day (that's an average based on what we've seen and heard from customers - you might see it more or less frequently than that). It shouldn't happen every time you open Safari, though. Is it a new tab/window that appears, or is it possible it's still one that was open previously and hasn't been closed yet?

By the way, we posted an announcement which explains a bit more about what's happening: Prompted to sign in to Apple ID for iCloud in the browser (URL: idmsa.apple.com)

If you're definitely getting a new prompt to sign into your Apple ID every time you open Safari, please open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menu, then choose the Sync tab. Does that show iCloud is currently enabled (and working)? Or is it set to None?

This discussion has been closed.