Cannot Install 1password 6 on my Mac

Options
ihsan
ihsan
Community Member

Hi,

I've downloaded and moved to the App folder 1password 6 on my Mac OSX El Capitan. Every time I double click to run the app I get an error prompt saying:

"1password 6" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it into the Trash.

There is a cancel and "Move to trash" button on the prompt.

I did previously have a purchased copy of the app from the App store but have subsequently deleted that app, along with the .agilebits library reference folder and signed out of the AppleID that pertains to that account.

How do I solve this problem?

Thanks!

Ihsan

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ihsan
    ihsan
    Community Member
    Options

Here's the error message image that I get.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ihsan,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble installing 1Password. Can you please empty your trash and then try to download 1Password again from this site: https://1password.com. Click on "Download free trial" and let us know if the same thing happens again or if you're able to install 1Password!

Keep in mind that if you purchased 1Password from the App Store you won't be able to activate your license right away. You'll need to please send us an email at ** support+licenses@agilebits.com** with your proof of purchase of 1Password from the App Store so you can keep on using the app after the trial period.

Please let us know how this turns out for you :chuffed:

• ihsan
    ihsan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I've just tried that and I'm still experiencing the error.

I've downloaded it several times, having deleted previous copies, signed out of AppleID, emptying my trash and rebooting each time.

The mobile app for my iPhone has installed, logged in and configured successfully.

Thanks,

Ihsan

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ihsan,

I'm sorry to hear this, it sounds like it's quiet an annoying problem! I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, that will let us see if there's anything there conflicting with trying to install 1Password!

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.