Need to install 1 Password 3 on older MacBook, not available on Mac App Store anymore

Options
quiveringforest
quiveringforest
Community Member

In 2011 I purchased 1PW on the Mac App Store and have loved it ever since. It's on all my Macs, iPads and iPhones, and even my Apple Watch!

I recently got a older MacBook running 10.7.5 and I want to use 1PW on it. I noticed that it need 1PW 3, but all my other Macs have been upgraded to 1PW 6. When I try to install 1PW from the App Store, the App Store informs me that I need OS 10.10. So I went to your website and downloaded 1PW 3 there, but now it's asking me for a license. I'd rather not purchase a license for 1PW 3 since I already did through the app store a new years ago. Plus I probably won't be using this computer forever...

Is there a workaround?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.7.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Need to install 1 Password 3 on older MacBook, not available on Mac App Store

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your longtime support and very kind words! :)

I just send you an email about this. We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved, so we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion for you. :+1:
    ref: HKC-25262-379

• Mike_F
    Mike_F
    Community Member
    Options

Same with me - and because of identical specs (older MacBook, PW 3, 10.7.5) i would like to capture this thread. Thanks for your help!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mike_F,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! If you can send us an email with a copy of your Mac App Store receipt for 1Password, we'll be happy to create a license you can use to activate the AgileBits Store version of 1Password 3. Just email that to support+licenses@agilebits.com and also include a link to this forum discussion and your forum username so we can "connect the dots". Once you've sent the email, feel free to reply here with the Support ID number you receive in the automated reply from our BitBot assistant, and we'll be able to track down your email to make sure you hear back from someone as soon as possible. Thanks! :)

• Mike_F
    Mike_F
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew,

thanks for your fast and kind help! I just sent the mail an got #WLL-41382-686

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @Mike_F! I'll update the email thread with details from this forum discussion, and someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. Cheers! :)

ref: WLL-41382-686

• Mike_F
    Mike_F
    Community Member
    Options

… and now I got the solution via eMail. Thanks to agilebits and everyone involved from your very friendly, fast and competent support team!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of all of us on the AgileBits team, you are most welcome! We couldn't do what we do without the support of you and the rest of our awesome customers. Thank you! We're here if you need us! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.