Garmin iOS login issue

lfanchi
lfanchi
Community Member
edited May 2016 in iOS

Hi,

I'm trying to use the 1password extension to fill logins in Chrome for iOS. I can get the extension to load through the share sheet, but after selecting the login nothing is filled in..

Any help is appreciated!

Using Chrome for iOS version 50.0.2661.95

1Password Version: 6.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Chrome ios

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

@lfanchi: Since login filling is specific to the website, can you tell me the URL you're having trouble with? That way we can test it and see if there's a workaround or something we need to do to improve it. Also, make sure that the URL you have saved in the login item matches the URL where you're trying to fill it, or it won't work. Thanks in advance! :)

• lfanchi
    lfanchi
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

Sure, the URL in question is: https://apps.garmin.com/login/?service=/login/
    Same issue for: https://connect.garmin.com/en-US/signin

I've removed and recreated the login item on my Mac, but unfortunately that didn't solve the issue. Filling on my Mac using Chrome works fine.

Thanks for looking into it!

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@lfanchi does the item fill if you use another browser, like Safari? How about the 1Browser built in to 1Password?

• lfanchi
    lfanchi
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

@nmott No, it does not fill either on Safari or the 1Browser on iOS.

It does fill on my Mac in Safari, Chrome and Firefox.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@lfanchi OK. Do the URLs differ between the mobile and desktop sites? If you create a new item from the mobile site, does that one fill correctly?

• lfanchi
    lfanchi
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

The URLs are the same. I tried to create a new login item through 1Browser, but it still doesn't fill..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lfanchi: Thanks for confirming! I was able to reproduce this on iOS, regardless of browser, user agent, or even explicitly requesting the desktop site. We'll see if there's a way we can get this working in a future update. :)

ref: OPX-931

• lfanchi
    lfanchi
    Community Member

@brenty great, thanks for looking into it!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! I'm sorry I don't have a better solution right now besides copy/paste, but we'll keep working to improve 1Password's login filling. :blush:

• lfanchi
    lfanchi
    Community Member

It's been almost a year.. Any update regarding this issue?

Thanks!

• Hi @lfanchi

Could you please try using this page to login instead and see if that works?

Ben

• lfanchi
    lfanchi
    Community Member

Dear @Ben

It does! But I guess that's not the page I end up at, when navigating from, let's say, Google?

• Well, sort of.

The problem is that Garmin is using an "iframe" to present the login form. An iframe is like a webpage within a webpage. In this case the link I posted is the login form page that they inject into the page you're finding via Google.

Ben

• lfanchi
    lfanchi
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

Thanks for the explanation!
    So there's no way for you guys to fix it on the 1P end?

• Correct. Not at this point. Hopefully in the future Apple will make better access to forms inside of iframes possible for iOS apps, but at the moment we're too limited.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.