1Password doesn´t update

goodies1965
goodies1965
Community Member

Don´t really know where to look for this problem. I have a macbook pro. When I made an update it looks like this in the finder. Actually I would like to post a screenshot. But this doesn´t work.

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS 10.11.5.
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password doesn´t update

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@goodies1965: Hmm. Without some more detail it's hard to say what the issue may be.

Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Thanks in advance! :)

• goodies1965
    goodies1965
    Community Member

See the enclosed pictures. Hope everything is clear. Best regards Bernhard

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@goodies1965: Thank you for the screenshots! While I've encountered this issue on iOS many times, I've never actually seen it with the Mac App Store. Since the App Store handles the installation itself, there isn't anything 1Password can do on it's own.

But the good news is you should be able to get it working again by restarting your Mac. Then go to the App Store again and check for updates, and you should be able to install it successfully. Otherwise, just drag 1Password to the Trash and install a fresh copy from your purchase history. Please let me know how it turns out!

• goodies1965
    goodies1965
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, Restarting didn´t work. When I am in the finder, the program can´t be erased. When I delete the program the "angehalten" is still there. Even when I restart. Still the same situation. Greetings from Vienna, Austria.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@goodies1965: I'm not sure I understand. In the screenshot you posted above, "angehalten" ("required"?) appears to be shown in LaunchPad. If you open LaunchPad and hold the Option key, are you able to click the ( x ) and delete the app there? I suspect not.

If so, let's ignore LaunchPad altogether. In Finder, do you see 1Password in the Applications folder? It sounds like you're saying that you cannot delete the app, but I'm not sure how that could be.

One more thing you can try is, using the 1Password Troubleshooting app (see below), go to the Permissions tab and click Repair Permissions.

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• goodies1965
    goodies1965
    Community Member

Hi Brent, I just opened the finder and with the alt key there was suddenly the x. I pressed the x and expected that the app will Bernhard deleted, but the app is still there and it is working. Strange. But thanks anyhow. Have a good night :-). Greetings from Vienna Austria. Bernhard

• goodies1965
    goodies1965
    Community Member

Brenty :-)

• goodies1965
    goodies1965
    Community Member

Bernhard = be :-)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@goodies1965,

On behalf of Brenty, you are quite welcome! :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help.

Have a great rest of your week!

This discussion has been closed.