Is there a way to move a password from one vault to another without re-entering it?

Options
mifurung
mifurung
Community Member

I'm setting up a team account and am finding I need to move things around as I get requests. Is there any way to move a password from vault to vault without copying and pasting to the new vault and deleting from the old vault? I need to do this on a case-by-case basis, I'm not moving all of them at the same time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Is there a way to move a password from one vault to another without re-entering it?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mifurung,

Whether or not you can move passwords will depend on your permission levels, but if you’re the one setting up the team account, I imagine that you have all the powers that you need. :)

At this time, it is not possible to move passwords from vault to vault using the web interface at 1Password.com, but you can do so from within the apps. Are you using 1Password on any devices or are you referring to the web interface here?

• mifurung
    mifurung
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! I had been using the web interface and was stuck. Just tried from my phone and it works perfectly!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mifurung,

I’m so glad that worked!

As an additional bit of good news, I’ve just been informed by a colleague that the ability to move items has recently been added to the 1Password.com interface, so in the future you should be able to manage your data there as well.

It does require a specific set of permissions though. Here’s the advice I got from my teammate:

In order to move an item you need to have all the boxes next to and under "Read" and "Export" checked, and must have the box next to "Write" checked as well.

I hope this helps!

• Jacob
    Options

And just to add one more thing to what Megan said, you can move individual items from vault to vault on 1Password.com, but it's not currently possible to move more than one. The apps are best for that. :)

• jipnet
    jipnet
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

I'd like to move an old Visa card (its info) to a Vault called (by me) Archive. But I don't see how to do this. Tips appreciated. thx

Actually, I just found the way (it's under Share, not an intuitive place to look: )

https://support.1password.com/guides/mac/add-items-to-a-vault.html

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know you were able to get it moved, @jipnet. I'll let the devs know you didn't find it in the first place you looked. There's always room for improvement. :)

Have a great rest of your weekend!

This discussion has been closed.