OneDrive Sync is not detecting any local vaults [Should be fixed as of 6/30/16]

Options
bagspacked
bagspacked
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

So just a bit about my history with 1Password - I used for many years on multiple platforms with dropbox sync without issue. Unfortunately my new employer blocks Dropbox due to some security concerns. I moved to using folder sync, with the .opvault sitting in Onedrive, thus almost duplicating Dropbox sync (I keep my iOS devices up to date with Wi-Fi sync from my home mac).

Anyway, I'm using the new beta and would like to try to use the built in OneDrive features if possible. But they don't seem to work yet. Specifically, they can't "find" the .opvault in my OneDrive, nor can they put that opvault (which the beta can find if I point it to the folder) into OneDrive in its own way. Anyway, I know it's early, but would like to get this working.

I do want to migrate to families at some point, but would like to have a stable version that I can use on my office computer (Windows 7) up and running before I make the switch...

1Password Version: 6.205d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Onedrive folder/Wi-Fi

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @bagspacked,

Thanks for reporting this, I can confirm it is not picking up any of my vaults in OneDrive as well. We'll get this fixed and I'll follow up with you.

• Cartman
    Cartman
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

I was about to post the same problem. Not sure which version broke being able to find your .opvault when logging in through OneDrive but the latest one does not work for me.

• @Cartman unfortunately OneDrive servers started to crash recently on a search for vaults query. We are investigating options now.

• cyberzed
    cyberzed
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile am seeing the same thing, I thought it was a beta thing so I renamed my folder from "Apps\1Password Beta" to "Apps\1Password" in case that would be it...no luck.

Hoping it'll be solved soon as I'm sorta stuck in the water without access right now

• Hi @cyberzed,

We're waiting for more information on this. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers

• cyberzed
    cyberzed
    Community Member
    Options

@AlexHoffmann cool, if I can help in anyway just give me a hint...private beta with logging or what ever can help :)

• It's in 1Password logs (type /log in search box and hit enter to see) - HTTP 500... coming from OneDrive. This is OneDrive server side error when we search for all folders ending with ".agilekeychain" or ".opvault".

While we are still researching options, there is a workaround for desktop users - just open vault from local Folder, not OneDrive. And that local folder could point to local copy of OneDrive. OneDrive installed in the system will do the sync, while 1Password will use given folder in read only mode.

For the phone users the only way is to manually copy folder to the phone and open from that folder. But this means no sync at all, which is not what people expect. We will continue looking for options.

• MickD
    MickD
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

I just wanted to chime in here and say that I have this problem as well.

It's a bummer as I had no idea it was broken until I was traveling and found myself unable to access any of my accounts. My desktop app has no problem with OneDrive, just my phone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MickD: I'm sorry for the trouble there! I'm not sure why this suddenly broke in the UWP app, but we'll get an update out there once we're able to find a solution. Thanks for your patience! :blush:

• andyfore
    andyfore
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. I have temporarily worked around the issue by using my Dropbox account for my vault, hopefully this will be fixed soon so that I can move it back to OneDrive.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

@andyfore: Thanks for reaching out! I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. It isn't clear why 1Password can't get a list of vaults from OneDrive, and we're looking at other ways of doing it so we can all use it (normally — i.e. without using a local folder) again. :blush:

ref: OPW6-223

• MickD
    MickD
    Community Member
    Options

Is it not an option to allow the user to point the app to the vault folder manually? Why the dependency on auto detection?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MickD: Well, I certainly appreciate not having to dig through the filesystem if I can avoid it. And for some people, having to do so will mean they never find what they're looking for...or they don't know what they're looking for exactly in the first place. Filesystems, while a necessary evil in many cases, are really a pretty terrible user experience for most people — especially non nerds. However, not being able to access any vaults is clearly even worse. Hopefully we'll be able to work around this, but perhaps the filesystem could serve as a fallback.

• MickD
    MickD
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

@brenty I fully agree with your sentiment.

I'm traveling this week so I had to place a copy of my vault on my phone. :/ The addition of a fallback would be greatly appreciated by this nerd.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

One way or another, we'll find a way. Thanks for your feedback and patience on this! :blush:

• teal_oak
    teal_oak
    Community Member
    Options

It is now 2 weeks since this problem was notified and still no fix. Does this mean that you are no longer supporting Onedrive and we should look to an alternative? One would have thought this would have been tested internally before releasing on beta.

• MikeT
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi @teal_oak,

It was working for several months until two weeks ago where Microsoft has started returning errors back to us. We've opened a bug report with them and they're investigating. All we can do right now is wait for them to resolve it on their side or they tell us how to fix it in case it is a bug on our side.

We are going to fix it but as of right now, it's under investigation by Microsoft.

If you're on a computer, download the vault from the OneDrive site manually or if you're already using OneDrive built-into the system, use the Folder option to open the vault directly from the drive instead.

• macros
    macros
    Community Member
    Options

Using Windows 10 mobile and just tried to open OnePassword Beta which told me I needed to update. Installed the new update and removed the old version. However after signing in to OneDrive, I now get to the "Select the vault you want to open" screen, but it says "Unable to locate any .opvault or .agilekeychain folders in your account". As it was previously working, I didn't move any files in OneDrive, do I need to move things around again for this version to work?

Any help you can provide is appreciated!

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Windows 10 Mobile
    Sync Type: OneDrive

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@macros: I've merged your post with an existing thread on this issue. OneDrive is giving us errors now when we ask it for vaults for some reason, but we're investigating this with Microsoft and also looking for a workaround on our own. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. :(

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

Just an update, it looks like Microsoft has fixed this for us. We didn't hear back from them, so this isn't official yet but we've just tested this again and a customer wrote in saying it is working perfectly now.

Please try OneDrive again and let us know if it is working for you now.

• cyberzed
    cyberzed
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT I can confirm that it is working again

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.