Convert family account to Team?

t1g3r
t1g3r
Community Member

Any way to convert a family account to a Teams account? Even if there will be data loss? I like the pricing for the Pro version, and Teams for me actually makes sense as I'm a single user.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

@t1g3r

The last, that I heard from the staff, is its far easier to go Teams > Family due to being able to lose some of the stringent rules and roles of a team plan. That cannot be said for giving new roles and rules for a Family > Teams account migration.

The easiest way and again per the staff, is to simply sign up for a new Team account and move stuff from the Family to the Team. This would of course require a new private URL.

This help topic covers how to move from a standalone to a Teams or Family vault. But includes setting up a new Teams or Family account. So I think you will find it helpful, that is if you wish to proceed. https://support.1password.com/teams-families-migrate/

If you need assistance, or something doesn't look right as you proceed. You can either reply here or send an email directly to the staff. Since the topics are likely to cross into some personal details like billing. You may wish to privately converse with the staff using email.

Support@1password.com

• t1g3r
    t1g3r
    Community Member

Thanks @Hightower!
    I did find a post where someone asked same question and they were told to send an email to support.

My main issue is that I have already paid 1 year on the families account and would not want to lose that.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

@t1g3r

Speed off that email then :)

You will get and auto reply with a ticket number. Please post that ticket number here so the staff can connect the dots as they say.

• t1g3r
    t1g3r
    Community Member

Ticket FIL-17421-418 opened

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @t1g3r,

I'm glad thightower gave you good advice and set you on track! We have received your email and someone will be in touch with you soon. We'll continue the conversation over email :chuffed:

ref: FIL-17421-418

This discussion has been closed.