Android sync reverted many of my stored passwords

Options
Brad Barrish
Brad Barrish
Community Member

I recently purchased the Android version of the app and when it synced with my vault in Dropbox, for some reason it reverted many of my passwords, which I am only just now finding out about. What could have possibly happened that would have caused this and how can I fix it, if at all? I'm now having to reset many of my passwords, which is a HUGE pain.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @Brad Barrish. I'll be happy to help out here. :)

It sounds like the vault in Dropbox may be outdated. Do you by chance have more than one Dropbox account and/or more than one vault (.opvault or .agilekeychain) in Dropbox? Also, are you syncing with any other devices? If so what devices? Is your data up-to-date there?

• Brad Barrish
    Brad Barrish
    Community Member
    Options

I only have one Dropbox account and it was definitely up to date before I installed the Android app. I use it constantly on my Mac (and iOS devices). I confirmed there is only one .agilekeychain in my Dropbox. I am syncing with other devices. An iPhone and iPad as well. Yes, data is up to date there and now unfortunately reflects the reverted passwords for the ones I spot-checked.

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the update, @Brad Barrish. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and your Mac:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

---Mac---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Brad Barrish
    Brad Barrish
    Community Member
    Options

They have been sent.

• peri
    Options

Thanks! We'll take a look and get back to you. :)
    ref: BBU-98135-865

This discussion has been closed.