Wufoo Forms

Options
rundrbillrun
rundrbillrun
Community Member

I was asked to manually save the login information on a Wufoo form using Safari. I did this manually as suggested yesterday. It works initially on a dummy form I set up but not when the form is accessed through Safari and Wufoo. 1Password correctly open the form but fills in only one field which I think is my telephone number but puts in my email. Is there something I am doing wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am trying to login to a Wufoo form. I save the login but does not work in the form. Wufoo forms?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rundrbillrun: I have to be honest: I have no idea what a Wufoo is! It sounds like you're having an issue with 1Password login filling, but then you mentioned phone numbers, so I'm not sure.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, if you're having trouble with a specific site, be sure to include the URL. Thanks in advance! :)

• rundrbillrun
    rundrbillrun
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the comment. I am using a Mac OS 10.11.5, 1Password 6.3, Safari and extension 4.5.6. Wufoo is a form generator. It requires first and last name, telephone, email and several fields for date, and an acknowledgment check box. The link to the form is: https://platinum2017.wufoo.com/forms/platinum-reservation-form/
    The link does not open until Tuesday June 7, 8:00am PDT for about 1 hour. The link is open again on Wednesday and Thursday at 8:00am for about an hour. I fill out the form, save the form as a login. When I use 1Password the next day for the login, it does not work. Am I doing something wrong?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rundrbillrun: Ah, without being able to test it, it's hard to say for certain. But based on your description I think I understand at least part of the problem: 1Password's login filling isn't meant to reproduce entire pages worth of other form data, such as a date and checkboxes, but only login credentials.

You can use Identity items for some of this, but having 1Password try to reconstruct entire pages worth of form fields it doesn't know anything about is, as you've pointed out, is problematic.

Given that 1Password cannot even fill every login form perfectly (when they generally require only a username and password) since they can vary significantly from one site to another, you can imagine that trying to fill even more, non-standard form types is exponentially more difficult. It may be a feature we could add in the future, but 1Password simply isn't designed for that and we're focused on login, credit card, and identity filling for the time being.

• steig
    steig
    Community Member
    Options

@rundrbillrun: After a little research it seems more likely to be the way wufoo forms are structured than with 1Password functionality. Here is a link from the wufoo site describing some HTML5 autofill info. You'll notice 1Password mentioned.

http://www.wufoo.com/html5/attributes/06-autocomplete.html

Also, another wufoo user with similar experience says, “Wufoo is specifically built to make it hard to do this, for spam reasons.” Ideally, your form and the data you get from it is more reliable because users are required to manually enter their credentials.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@steig: Aha! That makes a lot of sense. I can definitely appreciate that someone running a contest or something wouldn't want people to be able to "game the system" by using automation. Thanks for the info! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.