Edit view doesn't deal well with long entires [known issue, will be fixed]

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: The "new" item viewer is more bad then the old one [Improvements coming soon].

Comments

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT - Hi, hope this is the right thread to post this. I've noticed when editing a login entry, if the web-site url is exceedingly long, the item viewer doesn't handle it very well (see attached pic). I think it just needs to spill over into multiple lines when a long url is encountered.

Thanks, Paul

• Hey @pbryanw,

I've split this discussion from the other one because it's a separate issue.

This is a known bug and something we're going to tackle as soon as the user interface gets prettified :)

Please keep the feedback coming!

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

@AlexHoffman - Hi, thanks for splitting this discussion - I wasn't sure whether to create a new thread or whether it was relevant to the thread I was attaching it to :+1:

And I'm glad to hear this bug's already been marked for fixing later down the line :+1:

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It always helps to have a new discussion created for different issues @pbryanw, so don't be shy about opening new ones :). And thanks for reporting this issue!

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi, I've just noticed with the latest 6.0.165d beta, you can no longer change any urls in edit mode with the item viewer. Is this because this feature is being worked on, and will come back in a later beta? Thanks :+1:

• @pbryanw yes, item viewer has been polished lately and editor is coming soon. We wanted to make sure that viewer is working correctly before enabling editing.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile - Thanks :chuffed: Keep up the good work! :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Someday that man will get a well-deserved vacation! ;)

This discussion has been closed.