How to set up my first vault? Also, share it with someone?

Options
angie418
angie418
Community Member

I have been searching through the online guides, and quite honestly, I feel as though I need 1Password for dummies. I have been using 1Password for personal use for months and love it! I upgraded to Pro as I felt that setting up a Vault for my business passwords would be a great way of organizing and separating. I have my account set up on Dropbox and the "demo" folder was downloaded to my Dropbox account. I have NO IDEA what to do now! I don't want to use a Vault called "demo". What do I do now?
Also, do I need to have 1Password Teams to share a vault? I believe there is a way to share a vault, but without knowing how to set one up I'm lost.

1Password Version: 6.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.2
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @angie418, we'll get everything sorted out :)

I have my account set up on Dropbox and the "demo" folder was downloaded to my Dropbox account. I have NO IDEA what to do now! I don't want to use a Vault called "demo". What do I do now?

You should be able to remove the Demo vault by going to Settings > Vaults > Demo > Remove Vault. Does that option show up for you?

Also, do I need to have 1Password Teams to share a vault? I believe there is a way to share a vault, but without knowing how to set one up I'm lost.

Are you also using 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows? If so, you can follow this guide to sharing a vault without 1Password Families or 1Password Teams:

How to share a vault without 1Password Families or 1Password Teams

Let me know if that helps! 8-)

This discussion has been closed.