Keyboard Shortcut not working

Options

Hi, my ctrl + \ isn't working anymore. I tried all the troubleshooting steps and even uninstalled and reinstalled 1Password. It doesn't work in Chrome, firefox or IE. What can I do?

Thanks

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @schmittg,

Did you try changing the shortcut to something else in 1Password's settings? Here's how: open the main 1Password program, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Preferences > Logins, change the shortcut for Login keyboard shortcut, and press OK.

Do not use alt in your shortcut as that's already reserved by 1Password to bring up the 1Password menu instead of filling. For an example, Control + \ does a direct fill but you can also use Control + Alt + \ to bring up the 1Password menu without filling.

After you do that, go to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper and restart your browser, does it work better?

• schmittg
    schmittg
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT I have tried all of that. I have uninstalled 1Password and all the extensions and reinstalled 1Password and the extensions too, all to no avail. I've restarted the helper and my browsers multiple times too.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @schmittg,

Could you email us your 1Password diagnostics report, so we can see what could be causing this. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• schmittg
    schmittg
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT I just sent it, my Support ID is [#ZXP-63952-926]
    Thanks!

• MikeT
    Options

Thanks, we got the email and will reply as soon as we finish analyzing the report.

ref: ZXP-63952-926

• schmittg
    schmittg
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Any update? I replied to the email.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @schmittg,

Sorry about that, we're a bit short staffed but we'll reply to your email very soon.

• schmittg
    schmittg
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT I uninstalled synergy and 1password. I re-installed an old version of Synergy (v 1.7.3) and then reinstalled 1password and reinstalled the chrome extension and finally have it working again. I guess it has to do with Synergy v.1.7.5

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @schmittg,

Thanks for updating us on that, we'll investigate that specific version to see what's going on. I would also bring it up with Synergy's team, it could be a bug on their side.

/cc @AlexHoffmann

This discussion has been closed.