Setup and Sync

Options
timsinger
timsinger
Community Member

Have sent several Emails, with no responses, so here goes:

1) I'm not sure how sync works without the desktop apps because I need the app to get the browser extensions. Without the extensions, there is nothing to prompt me to save the new login.

2) On my Mac OS, I needed the app to get browsers. Even then, nothing syncs to other devices (as it used to with dropbox) - only between application and browser extension f\of the current device. On my wife's windows computer, I was able to download, install and open the 1password app, but no extensions automotically showed up in her browsers (Firefox & Chrome) as I was informed they would. Once I manually added these extensions, they were still not working; they said they were "looking for 1Password helper", to make the extension run properly. I'm getting the sense - from reading forums - that browser extension don't work for Windows. This can't be true, right? This was the only reason I got this sevice, and have spent over eight hours trying to troubleshoot!

3) Somehow, when setting up my wife's account, I got duplicates of every login in my own vault. Not sure how this happened, or how to remove them. Security Audit shows them, but has no prompt to delete. In a previous message, I was told I didn't need the desktop application (I'm guessing this may be causing the duplicates), so should I delete it. Is this only needed as a way to get a browser extension and then I can uninstall?

4) I created a new login on one computer (safari) browser. It has not shown up on the other computer's safari browser. How long does the sync take? I recall this being instantaneous when I used Dropbox to sync, as opposed to 1Password families server? I know I can return to using Dropbox but I was told that was not necessary with 1Password families. Since my wife has a different Dropbox account, it wouldn't suffice anyway.

In summary:
-Nothing Syncs between devices
-On Windows, there is no way to even be prompted for logins (I spent a couple of hours manually inputting).

Your forums, as I'm sure you're aware, can be helpful, but are so convoluted and overloaded as to have the reverse effect, creating more time wasted. This would surely be remedied with live support. Would have saved me countless hours (time is $$$). Very frustrated. I used to like this product.

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @timsinger,

I’m so sorry that you’re feeling frustrated with 1Password right now. I took a look in our email queue and you’ve been having a conversation with several members of our team there. It looks like we’ve requested that one of our Windows experts take a peek at it to ensure that you get the best answers for the apps that you’re using. I think it’s best if we continue the conversation via email so that we don’t get things muddled up between here and there.

I’ve updated the email thread and let our team know that you’d like to hear from them as soon as possible. We’ve had a busy couple of days here on the support team, but we’re all working to get back to our usual snappy responses just as soon as possible. You should hear from someone soon.

ref: VMD-12424-379

This discussion has been closed.