spent $65 on license but account is still frozen

Options
idrawfromlife
idrawfromlife
Community Member

I bought a $65 license through your mac app in order to unfreeze my trial account. I received an email with a receipt for order ch_8b0s7as9Izf9X9, and a button to download a license key. The license key download worked and a little window pops up on the mac app saying "thank you for supporting 1password", but my account is still frozen. My original copy of 1password was downloaded through your website so as to use the free trial (NOT through the apple app store), and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no change.

I assume I have mistakenly signed up for some kind of 'families' or 'teams' account, because when I sign in to my account on the website, I'm being prompted to spend an additional $5-15 per month to unfreeze. I don't want a 'family' or a 'team' account, just a single user multi-apple-device account like the one described on this page: https://agilebits.com/home/licenses.

I assume I either need to migrate my data to the kind of account that uses the one-time $65 license- either by downloading a different app or deleting/reinitializing my account type somehow, or I need to request a refund/deletion of my account, because I am not interested in spending $65 PLUS $5-15 per month for a 'familes or 'teams' account when I am the only person using it.

Your docs seem to be pretty unclear on how to see what kind of account I have signed up for and it seems to be impossible to change my type of account, and your mac app doesn't seem to direct me to the correct payment plan based on what type of account I have.

Again, I'm interested in the one-time payment for a single-person vault only, which is what your downloaded mac app directed me to when I clicked the 'unfreeze my account' button (NOT the same option as the page I was prompted to from my account access on your website)- and I would like my account type to reflect that it is a single-user account and to also be unfrozen because I have paid $65 to unfreeze it. I am happy to forward my payment receipt and license key as needed.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@idrawfromlife I'm sorry for the frustration this might have caused :(

I assume I have mistakenly signed up for some kind of 'families' or 'teams' account, because when I sign in to my account on the website, I'm being prompted to spend an additional $5-15 per month to unfreeze. I don't want a 'family' or a 'team' account, just a single user multi-apple-device account like the one described on this page: https://agilebits.com/home/licenses.

This sounds like it must be the case.

I assume I either need to migrate my data to the kind of account that uses the one-time $65 license- either by downloading a different app or deleting/reinitializing my account type somehow, or I need to request a refund/deletion of my account, because I am not interested in spending $65 PLUS $5-15 per month for a 'familes or 'teams' account when I am the only person using it.

You won't have to spend $65 plus any subscription fee. You can either choose not to connect a credit card to your 1Password account and migrate your data, in which case you won't have any additional costs, or you can connect a credit card and we'll refund the $65.

Your docs seem to be pretty unclear on how to see what kind of account I have signed up for and it seems to be impossible to change my type of account, and your mac app doesn't seem to direct me to the correct payment plan based on what type of account I have.

We're working on improving the documentation around 1Password Families and 1Password Teams. I'm curious, though, about what made it seem like the two were interchangeable? Because the licenses and the ability to sign up for either of our subscription services are kept separate. Any information you can give us will help us clarify things in the future :)

Again, I'm interested in the one-time payment for a single-person vault only, which is what your downloaded mac app directed me to when I clicked the 'unfreeze my account' button (NOT the same option as the page I was prompted to from my account access on your website)- and I would like my account type to reflect that it is a single-user account and to also be unfrozen because I have paid $65 to unfreeze it. I am happy to forward my payment receipt and license key as needed.

That's good to know!

You can make sure you have access to your 1Password data by migrating it to a vault that isn't connected to your 1Password account.

First you'll want to create a Primary vault by following these steps:

1. Open the 1Password Preferences menu and go to Advanced.
    2. Check the box next to "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts.
    3. Enter your Master Password.

Then you can move items to the new Primary vault by following these steps:

1. Switch to the vault with the items you want to move.
    2. Select the item(s) you wish to move. Select multiple items by holding down the Command key when clicking on them. Select all of the items by pressing Command-A after clicking one of the items in the list.
    3. From the Item menu, choose Share.
    4. Select the vault you wish to move the data into, and you’ll then have the option to move or copy the item.

After you've done that, remove your 1Password account by following these steps:

1. Open the 1Password Preferences menu and go to Accounts.
    2. Select the 1Password account that you want to disconnect.
    3. Click the Sign Out button.

That should remove your 1Password account and get rid of the frozen message while ensuring that you can access your data.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else!

• idrawfromlife
    idrawfromlife
    Community Member
    Options

thanks so much for your quick reply and these step by step instructions! I think the confusing thing was that I didn't recognize I was signing up for/had a 'families/teams' account at all- I understand the differences between those two, but the third option of a 'personal'/single-user account wasn't really well explained, as far as I could tell- or was I required to sign up for a 'families/teams' account in order to use the free trial? I'm very glad a personal option exists and I'm able to have one.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @idrawfromlife,

On behalf of nmott, you're welcome! Thank you for your feedback on what is confusing about 1Password and getting to know your options. There are more differences between Families/Teams and standalone 1Password than just one person vs several people, but I'm glad that you find a version of 1Password that is just right for you! At the end of the day what we want is to have several options available so each person can find what fits best :chuffed: You were not required to sign up for Families/Teams to try the standalone version, however we do have a 1 month trial for those too!

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying 1Password now, if there's anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask! :chuffed:

• chungwon_lee
    chungwon_lee
    Community Member
    Options

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem in this thread.
    I was confused and I paid $65 to get a full license today. Could you please refund it?

Here's summary of my receipt.

Order Total: $64.99 USD
    Order Number: ch_ACNsuABfyWiKYw
    Paid With: Credit Card
    Purchase Date: February 28, 2017

• Hi chungwon_lee - I was able to locate your standalone license that you purchased and it looks like Greig already refunded you. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

ref: URD-38786-932

• deltajs
    deltajs
    Community Member
    Options

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem.
    I also sent email to support+refunds, but no any response. Could you please refund it?

Here's summary of my receipt.

Order Total: $64.99 USD
    Order Number: ch_ACqVZQaFVdUwSV
    Paid With: Credit Card
    Purchase Date: March 01, 2017

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@deltajs - I was able to locate your email and will reply in a minute. Let's continue the conversation there! :)

ref: DWQ-93574-948

This discussion has been closed.