How can I print a list of my 1Password vault to keep in an actual physical safe..

Options
GinGin
GinGin
Community Member

Can I print all the info in my vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I print a list of my 1Password vault to keep in an actual physical safe.

Comments

• GinGin
    GinGin
    Community Member
    Options

Use and really like 1Password, but can't figure out how to print a copy of my vault info. Would like to keep a paper copy in a physical safe for my husband in case anything happens to me. We are older folks and not the best 'techies'.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @GinGin,

You can select your items in your Vault, and then go to File and select Print.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GinGin MrC is correct. If you select the items you want to print -- hitting "Command + A" can make this easier -- then click File and then Print you will be able to print out a physical copy of all your logins. :)

• kgorske
    kgorske
    Community Member
    Options

This is close to my question. Don't have a "vault" and have no idea what it is used for. Want to print a list of all logins and passwords to place in safe. Have asked this question multiple times and have never gotten an answer.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @kgorske ,

If you are using 1Password, you have a Vault, whether it be on Windows, some handheld gadget, or a Mac (and you're in the Mac forum, so I'd presume you have 1Password for OS X). The vault is the place where all your items are stored. In fact, you can have several "vaults".

Have you tried selecting the items and doing File > Print? If that isn't working, can you explain what you see and which 1Password you have?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kgorske, I just wanted to add that if you're interested in reading more about using multiple vaults in 1Password for Mac, you can check out our user guide here: Multiple Vaults

As for printing your data, as MrC said, you should be able to do that from File > Print in the main 1Password app. If you need help with that, please let us know - we're here for you! :)

• kgorske
    kgorske
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, BUT what that gives me to print is 42 pages , most of which is not useful to me. All I want to print out is the ID/user name and password of each login. Is there any way of doing that?

• GinGin
    GinGin
    Community Member
    Options

That sure helped me - thanks so much! GinGin

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@kgorske,

You can export your Logins as CSV records, open a spreadsheet, and print out the contents.

Alternatively, I have created a more condensed print format, and it can be customized to be as concise as you want. I think you'll minimally also want the Title and URL for those login's as well.

The printout is done via the onepif2html converter, part of the converter suite. You can see some samples in the link Screenshots and Samples, and two examples of a customized version for printing out fuller Secure Notes. The converter is easy to run, since you're on a Mac - export to 1PIF, and run the AppleScript Conversion Utility and follow its directions. Ask if you have questions.

With either of these, be sure to treat the exported files securely, as they contain your unencrypted data. Delete them securely when you are done.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kgorske ,

I hope that MrC’s response here has been helpful! At this time, 1Password only has a single print option, and that will print all of your information. Using a CSV export in a spreadsheet or taking advantage of MrC’s custom scripts would give you a bit more flexibility on what you print. :)

• kgorske
    kgorske
    Community Member
    Options

MrC
    Thanks for your comments on Jun 9. I am a typical elderly luddite and really need very specific instructions with anything to do with a computer. I really would like to get your converter, etc working and finally get what I need placed in my safe for"safe keeping". Unfortunately you lost me at "onepifhtml" I am hoping there are simple directions available to allow me to proceed. If not I will hope 1P finally produces an ability to safeguard the information we need to safeguard. Ken G

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Options

@kgorske ,

Go to the first post of the converter suite, and download the 1.09 package from the link named Testing Bits. Once downloaded, unzip, and find the README.pdf. It provides step by step instructions. The converter named onepif2html is the one you'll use - be sure to read its specific step-by-steps for exporting your data.

I'm happy to hand-hold, or remote help if you want. Just ask for what you need / prefer.

This discussion has been closed.