Category display differences between 1Password Mac and 1Password Mini

Options
Bowden
Bowden
Community Member

When I view the Drivers Licenses category in the 1Pwd Mac app, it shows all 9 expected items correctly. If I view this same category on my iPhone, it also shows all 9 entries. If I view this category in 1Pwd Mini (either in the Mac menu bar or from the Browser toolbar), it is not showing all the items - only 7 of the 9. I have not checked all categories completely, but it appears that only this one is different.

I have tried restarting 1Pwd Mini a couple of times using the option in the Help menu of the 1Pwd Mac app. No change. I was going to just delete the 2 entries that are out of sync and re-enter them (using the main 1Pwd Mac app), but thought I would query this issue first.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• rudy
    Options

Hi @Bowden,

That's definitely a strange one, @ag_kevin was able to reproduce it so he'll be filing a bug in our issue tracker.

if you create a new entry does it show up in both mini and main? I think if you can recreate them then that's probably a good move. Mini is actually the authoritative source of information for 1Password but its certainly possible that you've hit a bug where mini doesn't think it should display the entry in its menu but main does display it.

Please let us know if its successful or not.

Rudy

• Bowden
    Bowden
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rudy,

Thanks for the feedback. I did create 2 new entries in the Drivers License category and they both show up in the category listing in 1Pwd Mac and 1Pwd Mini. I moved the old ones to the 1Pwd trash.

FYI - some other info that may be of relevance. It does not appear that the date of creation of the 2 entries in question is an issue. The first one that was not showing was created in March 2014, but I have other entries that do show in both places that were created before and after this date. I do believe that the second entry that was out of sync was created by duplicating the original "bad" one. I don't believe that there is a general issue with duplicating entries, because I do this all the time and looking at the creation date/time of other entries that are okay, they are within a minute of each other. This tells me that I likely used 'duplicate' on them as well. I don't know if this display issue with these 2 entries has been there all along or not. The other night was the first time I was looking in this specific category in the 1Pwd Mini menu.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Doug

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the additional information, @Bowden! I'll forward that to our developers in case it helps.

Although it sounds like a problem was found which can cause this, I wanted to mention that there's also a setting for whether or not an item appears in 1Password mini. In the main 1Password app, if you click the Edit button for an item, you'll see a "display" setting near the bottom of the item details. If that's set to Never display in browser, that item will not be shown in 1Password mini / browser extension. I don't know if that's why those two items weren't showing up in mini for you, but that option is carried over when you duplicate an item, so that could be another possible explanation.

We're always happy to help, so if you have more questions about that or need anything else, just let us know! :)

• Bowden
    Bowden
    Community Member
    Options

I restored the two entries from the 1Pwd trash and sure enough, both of them were set to "Never display in browser"! I vaguely knew about this option in the past, but totally forgot about it in this case. I am not sure if I specifically set the initial entry like this or if some glitch happened. Thanks for your assistance.

Doug

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Doug ( @Bowden ),

I’m glad to see we got to the bottom of this! As Drew says, we’re always here if you have any more questions or concerns about 1Password.

Have a great day! :)

This discussion has been closed.