Dropbox Sync None after Update

Options
AjEG
AjEG
Community Member

Awhile after the 6.3.1 update I noticed that logins I had created or added to 1Password on my Mac were not showing up on my iPhone or iPad. Curious, I went into Preferences > Sync and noticed that it stated "Sync Primary vault with None". When I select 'Dropbox' from the pull down menu and locate my Dropbox folder, a popup then states, "1Password will create a copy of your vault in Dropbox. It should become available on other devices in a few minutes."

This concerned me, because I don't want a new copy, I want to CONTINUE syncing with the vault that I've been syncing with for years. I'm very concerned that if I proceed some logins/credentials/passwords are going to get lost, overwritten or deleted. One odd thing I noticed is that when I located my Dropbox folder in the 1PW app, it produced the path 'Dropbox/Apps/1Password/1Password.opvault'. However, when I look in my Dropbox folder I see the following 'Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain'. I don't know if that's a clue, but something seems fishy?

How can I get Dropbox sync to safely work again?

BTW, Dropbox is successfully syncing my files and folders.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox sync none

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AjEG,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with 1Password! We can certainly get you all synced up again, but before we do that, I’d like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report to see if it can shed any light on why this happened:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• AjEG
    AjEG
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan. I followed your instructions and emailed the diagnostics report. I received the BitBot autoreply. The support ID is [#ILV-44337-729]. Let me know what you find out. Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @AjEG! We received your Diagnostics Report, and someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. Cheers! :)

ref: ILV-44337-729

• AjEG
    AjEG
    Community Member
    Options

Sounds good. Thanks Drew.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

• AjEG
    AjEG
    Community Member
    Options

Any update on this issue? I manage a large number of stores and currently I am missing store credentials and have to look around at my devices to find them (and hope that device has the current one). I would really like to get this back up and working properly as soon as possible. Thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AjEG,

Sorry for the confusion! We wanted to check the diagnostics report to see why 1Password was trying to create a new sync file instead of automatically finding and selecting your old one, but you should certainly be able to re-enable sync with the existing file. When you enable Dropbox and click the Choose button, just make sure you select this specific file within your Dropbox folder: /Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain

It sounds like 1Password will try to create a new sync file if you select the main Dropbox folder without selecting the existing sync file within that folder. As long as you select the 1Password.agilekeychain file, 1Password should give you the option to "Merge with existing".

Again, I apologize for the confusion about that! If you have trouble re-enabling sync with that file in Dropbox, please let us know. Thanks! :)

• AjEG
    AjEG
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Drew. That was it! It's working now. I must have been selecting the folder instead of the actual file.

Thanks for your help!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome, I'm happy to hear that's all sorted out now!

Hopefully you're all set, but if you have more questions or need anything else, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.