How can i set the language in the beta to german ?

Options
Zero2Cool
Zero2Cool
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I use the win10 and the new 1Password 6 beta, but both are set to english.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Zero2Cool: We don't have full localization support yet. As you can imagine, it's difficult (if not impossible) to manage translations with things changing so rapidly. But it's definitely something we're looking forward to in the future. Once it's available, it should be handled automatically based on your language settings in Windows, so you won't have to do a thing. :)

• redoz
    redoz
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty please don't look at current locale though, look at the language used. My locale is Dutch as I live in the Netherlands, but my language is English and in v4 you defaulted to Dutch with no option to change it until after you create/load/restore a vault. Not very user friendly.

Ideally you'd just ask people on install (or first run), "We think you want English because that is your current OS language, but pick something else if you'd rather use that: ". If you want to get fancy you might even list the OS language, and the current locale language at the top as you could assume most people would want one of the two.

• MikeT
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi @redoz,

That's strange, 1Password 4 should be defaulting based on your current language setting but we had all sorts of glitches with the language detection, so I'm not surprised.

We'll certainly keep your suggestion in mind by offering the setting during the initial setup.

• redoz
    redoz
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT if it's installed on a machine level (and not per user) you might want to move it to first-run so that each user gets to pick their own language.

• MikeT
    Options

We'll see what we can do. Right now, localization haven't been started yet as we're still making a lot of changes in all areas of 1Password. Once it is more stable with less breaking changes, we'll revisit this.

This discussion has been closed.