Remove 1Password from Safari Context Menu

acdx
acdx
Community Member

UX issues like this in 1Password that have gone unfixed for years are causing me to consider switching to Dashlane, whose UI seems to be evolving at a much faster rate.

Also, the slow unlocking animations. It's 2016, please allow me to disable this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@acdx sorry to hear about your frustration with 1Password.

So far as 1Password appearing in Safari's context menu, this occurs for all Safari extensions and I'm not sure it's something we control. When I display the context menu I get options to use 1Password, to block something with uBlock, or to save the page to Instapaper. I don't need all of those options but Safari makes them available because all of those extensions have been installed and enabled.

Also, the slow unlocking animations. It's 2016, please allow me to disable this.

The unlocking animation shows that 1Password is unlocking and decrypting (some of) your data. This can take some time, depending on the size of your vaults, and we're constantly working to improve the speed with which 1Password is able to present your information.

Thank you for the feedback :)

• acdx
    acdx
    Community Member

Hi @nmott,

Safari extensions add items to the right-click menu voluntarily. As an example, the Adblock extension offers a setting "Add items to the right click menu", which, when disabled, will remove any context menu items added by the extension.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@acdx ah, you are correct. My apologies.

A while back we decided to pare down what's shown in that menu from multiple items to a single option. Right now we're content with this because it makes 1Password readily available to its users but doesn't take up a lot of space in Safari's menu. Perhaps we'll revisit this somewhere down the line; if that's the case we'll be sure to take your feedback into account :)

ref: OPX-30

• jooize
    jooize
    Community Member

Is there any way to manually remove the 1Password entry from the Safari context menu? I never use it.

While additional options are not always desirable, the Safari extension has none, and the context menu shouldn't be forcibly cluttered.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jooize,

Thanks for letting us know that you’d like to see this option in a future version of 1Password. It’s not currently possible at this time, but I’ll pass your suggestion along to our team.

• lflier
    lflier
    Community Member

I would also like to see this option -- not only for Safari but for all browsers. It just adds clutter. If I wanted clutter, I'd use a PC.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know you'd like to remove that from the browser context menu, @lflier. We appreciate the feedback! We're here for you if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.