iPassword on iPhone 6+ no longer syncs with my 2 Macs with El Capitan

Options
wpaulson
wpaulson
Community Member

Syncing was recently OK but then suddenly stopped. I received a message on iPhone: "1Password.agilekeychain file cannot be found in Dropbox. Syncing has been disabled." However, a 1Password.agilekeychain file is in Dropbox on my iPhone. In 1Password on my iPhone, I selected: settings, syncing, set up syncing, start syncing, sync with Dropbox. The syncing icon in settings now rotates endlessly but the iPhone never syncs. Also, the two Macs sync just fine with each other. Please help.

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:iPhone no longer syncs with macs

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi @wpaulson
    Your sync problem sounds frustrating.
    Have you checked the following:
    Can you log in to your Dropbox account using the Dropbox app on your iPhone?
    If so — are you logged in to the same account as on your Macs?
    If so — can you see the 1Password folder that contains the agilekeychain?
    Is one of your Macs perhaps set to "Pause synching"?
    Did you try restarting your iPhone (after checking the above)?
    Have you looked at the troubleshooting page?

Just a couple of things to try, before the 1Password staff get here …
    Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• wpaulson
    wpaulson
    Community Member
    Options

Hello rjh:
    1. Dropbox is syncing on all 3 devices: duplicating a file in Dropbox on one device syncs to the other 2
    2. I can see the folder in iPhone that contains the agilekeychain
    3. Macs are not set to pause, they are syncing with each other
    4. I have restarted iPhone and quit & restarted Dropbox and 1Password on iPhone - no change
    5. I have looked at the trouble shooting page, it seems to largely address problems with the Mac (which does not appear to be the problem)
    Thanks for the suggestions.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wpaulson,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re still having trouble here. Thank you for confirming that you’ve checked all those details - that gives us a much better place to start.

In 1Password on my iPhone, I selected: settings, syncing, set up syncing, start syncing, sync with Dropbox. The syncing icon in settings now rotates endlessly but the iPhone never syncs.

I just want to confirm the steps that you took here. When you selected 'sync with Dropbox', you should have been presented with the 1Password.agilekeychain file that was already stored in Dropbox and prompted to merge. Is that correct, or did you see something else?

Is the Sync icon still spinning? Depending on how long your devices have been out of sync (and how speedy your internet is, and how big your 1Password database is) it may take a while before 1Password gets everything updated.

• wpaulson
    wpaulson
    Community Member
    Options

After selecting sync with Dropbox, the next window has "CHOOSE A VAULT ...". Below this is: "/1Password.agilekeychain". I selected this and once again got the message: "1Password.agilekeychain file cannot be found in Dropbox. Syncing has been disabled." There was no prompt to merge. I have again done this process, and the sync icon is spinning again. Last time it spinned for hours without syncing with my 2 Macs.
    Dropbox on my iPhone has the folder "1Password.agilekeychain" and the file ".ws.agile.1Password.settings" just above it. Below these are two files: "Keychain Access" modified 3 weeks ago, and "Keychain Access...copy 2015-07-21)"
    Are the 1Password.agilekeychain" files not connected in some way?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

@wpaulson: It sounds like the data in Dropbox may be damaged. We don't recommend using "sync" as a backup since data corruption and deletion will also sync, and neither are good news when something goes wrong. Fortunately, 1Password itself has a backup feature!

Does one of your devices have all of your data intact? If so, a good option would be to restore there and create a new vault in Dropbox. At that point, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com :

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you with specific instructions on how to proceed. Thanks in advance! :)

• wpaulson
    wpaulson
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I have sent 2 reports. Forgot to include link to discussion on the first.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wpaulson: I'm not seeing any under this email address. If you sent them from another, no problem! Just post the Support ID you received for each here and we'll link everything up and take a look at what's going on there. :)

• wpaulson
    wpaulson
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

The report was sent from my iMac on the Mail app, which has old settings & email address. I dragged the 1PasswordDiagnostic into my regular Outlook email account [email address removed], and re-emailed from the iMac.
    For iOS report, your website indicates I would have been given a [#unique ID], but none is given above. I generated the report and sent it without the ID.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @wpaulson! We received a report from your iPhone and one of the Macs. We'll continue the conversation by email. For your reference, your support ID is [#NUL-68195-439]

Ben

ref: NUL-68195-439

This discussion has been closed.