Bug report: Multiple password fields

Options
Kaimaani
Kaimaani
Community Member

Rendering issue: Made a new bank account, entered the Pin there, added a new password field and it goes under the previous field... Saved it and then the rendering is correct.

Evil bug: I edit the bank account, set the new password field, add a third, enter data and then move this above the previous password field -> The field is duplicated. It over writes the other field...

Reproduced this on an iPad Air. Language used is Finnish, if it makes a difference.

1Password Version: 6.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3?
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kaimaani,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Rendering issue: Made a new bank account, entered the Pin there, added a new password field and it goes under the previous field... Saved it and then the rendering is correct.

I’m not sure I’m able to reproduce what you’re seeing here. I followed your steps and created a new bank account entry. After filling in the PIN, I created a new Password field and typed in a password. My edit screen looks like this:

Please note that there are two fields visible here. The top field is where you type in the password, and the field below reveals what you are typing. This looks a bit odd, but it’s actually done on purpose. This is because the iOS can learn what you type, unless it is in a special concealed ‘password’ field. And we don’t really want the iOS to learn your passwords. So the actual password is kept hidden and there’s a helpful field below to display what you’re actually typing so you know what that password actually is.

If you are seeing something different than this, please let me know and we’ll investigate further.

Evil bug: I edit the bank account, set the new password field, add a third, enter data and then move this above the previous password field -> The field is duplicated. It over writes the other field...

Yikes. I was just able to reproduce this on my iPhone, and I’m filing a report in our internal tracker to ensure that our team takes a look at this as soon as possible.

For the time being, it seems that if you edit the field title (for example, change ‘Password’ to ‘Password one’ and ‘Password two’) the entries will save correctly. I hope this helps!

ref: OPI-3594

• Kaimaani
    Kaimaani
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I'm attaching a screen capture of the rendering issue. I don't know if it is an ipad thing... Just a little confusing looking...
    And was not able to reproduce it for the third time.. :|

This rendering thing is not earth shattering...

Thanks for the awsome software! :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kaimaani,

Thanks for that screenshot! We’re not able to reproduce that here at the moment, but we are looking into improvements for the item editor in general, so I’ll be sure to pass this glitch along and we’ll see what our team can do to make it go away. :)

This discussion has been closed.