1Password App will not Open on iPad

Options
JTC
JTC
Community Member

I'm running 1 Password on my iPhone 6 and iMac successfully. I can open the iPad app for 1 Password but the password is not being accepted. I've typed it in several times, checked the CAPS lock and still no luck. The app gives me my password hint but it will not accept it.

1Password Version: 6.31
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPad 9.3.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JTC I'm sorry about this frustration!

This sometimes happens if the input methods differ between devices. Are your iPhone, Mac, and iPad all set to the same input? For example, if my Mac is on US English and my iPad is on UK English, I might have a problem unlocking 1Password on the second device.

Another possibility is that some special characters aren't working properly. We recommend not using special characters for that reason.

Barring those, we'll have to get some more information. Are you using multiple vaults? How often do you enter the Master Password for the other devices? And did you set up sync when you first installed 1Password on your iPad?

The answers to those questions will help us diagnose the issue :)

• JTC
    JTC
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply! The inputs are all the same. Special characters are in my password and work on the iMac and iPhone.

I'm not using multiple vaults, as far as I know. I enter the Master Password on the iMac on iPhone as needed, probably 2-3 times a week.

I believe I set up sync on the iPad. Would it matter that 1-Password on the iPad is giving me a password hint even though it doesn't work?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JTC I don't believe so. I wonder if perhaps there was an error of transcription when you first set up 1Password on your iPad. That would mean that later attempts using the Master Password you meant to set would fail because it's not technically the "correct" password. At this point, because your data is on other devices, it wouldn't hurt to reinstall 1Password for iOS and go through the setup process again. That should help take care of any problems without affecting your data :)

• JTC
    JTC
    Community Member
    Options

Sounds good. I'll give it a shot. I should probably tell my wife that for it to work properly that I need to do the installation in Hawaii, right?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JTC,

I think that Hawaii would largely improve your chances of success ;) Please let us know how this turns out for you! :chuffed:

• JTC
    JTC
    Community Member
    Options

The reinstallation worked. The Hawaii fix idea was not as successful with my wife. Thanks everyone for your help.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad to hear it, and it was our pleasure! Do let us know if you need anything in the future -- even if it's help convincing your wife that computers work better in Hawaii ;)

This discussion has been closed.