1Password 6 windows beta "website" field gone [Will be restored soon]

gcharters
gcharters
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, I've just updated to the latest beta and when I try to create a new Login, there's no longer a website fields. Was this intentional and if so, how am I supposed to associate a web site?

Regards, Graham.

1Password Version: 6.0.165d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @gcharters, sorry for the trouble. This is a known bug that was introduced in a recent build. It isn't intentional and we'll have a fix for it soon.

• This will be restored soon in a rebuilt item editor, the website field was intentionally disabled to address a few issues.

• IcyStorm
    IcyStorm
    Community Member

Is this why importing (or sharing from a local vault to a Families one) doesn't upload the URL for an item on the website? Visible in the app, but not visible on the website.

• MikeT
    edited June 2016

Hi @IcyStorm,

Yes but not limited to these conditions. If you create a new Login item for your 1Password Families Account and save it, the URL isn't passed onto the web site either.

• IcyStorm
    IcyStorm
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT, could you explain the reasoning for that? Why wouldn't the URL of a Login item that I create on the desktop client for a Families vault be synced along with the item itself to the website?

• MikeT
    edited June 2016

Hi @IcyStorm,

It's a bug in how we structure the field name for the URL field. The web app expects something specific but we're not sending it as such, so it looks like it didn't take it.

We're working on a new item editor that's going to replace the current item editor and we're going to test to make sure the URL editing is good to go.

[Edited: I've updated my statement above that suggested we didn't test anything, that's not the intention]

• gcharters
    gcharters
    Community Member

Hi,

Is there an outlook for when this will be fixed? I'm not sure how to use the "Login" type for Web sites without this, so it's a significant limitation.

Thanks, Graham.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gcharters: I can't say for certain when it will be released, but we're working hard to get the new item editor finished. Thanks for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.