The Android app won't recognize dropbox

bugs
bugs
Community Member

Using android app version 6.3.3 on android version 5.1.1. Long time user who has used dropbox and app with no issues. New phone, installed dropbox, no issues. When I install the 1password app, the only option provided is to create my own vault. No option presented to find vault on dropbox, where of course it exists. Have confirmed vault is in working order on dropbox.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 5.1.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Won't recognize dropbox

Comments

• bugs
    bugs
    Community Member

I realize now that I have to set this up in the sync menu. I don't remember having to do that before. It's a little disconcerting to only have one option and to have to set up a new master password. My data is syncing now. I assume my old master password is operative and not the one I had to create at the beginning of this process.

• bugs
    bugs
    Community Member

OK, now what happened is that my new vault has synced with the dropbox vault. But I don't want that at all, I want to use the dropbox vault only. Please help me get out of this.

• bugs
    bugs
    Community Member

Reloaded and saw the link to dropbox at the very bottom of the app window. I guess that's what I was looking for the whole time.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bugs: I'm really sorry for the confusion there! It sounds like you created a new vault instead of choosing "already have my data somewhere else" when you first setup 1Password for Android:

If you had chosen "somewhere else" instead, you'd be given a few options to choose from:

Then you'd login to Dropbox and provide the Master Password for the existing data you'd stored there. But instead, it sounds like you created a brand new vault (perhaps with a different Master Password) and then sync'd it with the vault already stored in Dropbox. It sounds like you were able to get everything syncing successfully, but if you have any questions at all be sure to let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.