App login not working. iOS. iPassword 6.

Options
my_my
my_my
Community Member

I am having trouble logging into my 1Password app.
I had to reformat both my laptop and phone yesterday. Now I can login into 1password on my laptop and a desktop, but I cannot get it to work on my phone. It keeps asking for a account key, or QR code, but I don't have either of those things. I can't login to the website to try to find them, since the login there keeps asking for the account key.
I have a license key, but thats not working either.

This is a single license version, not family or teams as far as I'm aware. I tried doing the what the help form suggested looking under the accounts tab, there there were no accounts there.

I feel like when I downloaded the app originally I did not need this information, but idk, I can't find it anywhere.

Is there some sort of workaround?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:app login iOS can't sign in

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @my_my

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

With a 1Password license you do not have a 1Password account, and we do not store your data (this only happens with 1Password Families or 1Password Teams subscriptions). Your data is, by default, only stored on your devices.

When setting up 1Password on iOS you'll need to select the option to "use without an account." You'll then be given the option to sync with Dropbox or iCloud, if you had synchronized your data there, or start a new vault.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• my_my
    my_my
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, that worked, thanks so much!

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome! If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.