ios app extension safari grey screen

Options
gerhardpratt
gerhardpratt
Community Member

After following instructions for IOS to enable the 1Password Extension, when I go to a login page (any from my vault), and hit the share button, the 1Password "lock" icon shows briefly and then opens to a grey screen. This hangs.

This does not happen if I set the security to "Lock on Exit", but then I have to re-enter the Master Password every time I use the extension.

1Password 6.4.2
IOS 9.3.2
Sync: Families

Comments

• gerhardpratt
    gerhardpratt
    Community Member
    Options

I have a related problem.
    1Password 6.4.2
    IOS 9.3.2
    Sync: Families

1. If I set security on 1Password to "lock on exit" then I have to continuously re-enter the Master Password whenever I use the extension
    2. If I turn off "lock on exit" then when I use the extension, 1Password opens, the lock icon appears to open, but I get a grey screen that hangs. When this happens I have to swipe Safari away and restart.
  • Ben
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password for iOS is continually prompting for the master password.
  • Ben
    Options

Hi @gerhardpratt

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• gerhardpratt
    gerhardpratt
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff: Thanks. I sent the diagnostics.

Here is the support ID:

For your reference, your support ID is [#PRU-26358-568].

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gerhardpratt thanks for letting us know! It looks like one of my colleagues has started following up there, so we'll keep the conversation to email just so we have everything in one place :)

ref: PRU-26358-568

• mattsch
    mattsch
    Community Member
    Options

I have a related (or maybe same?) problem as well on iOS 9 (latest) and latest 1Password for iOS 9.

In order to be able to switch between 1Password and other apps to copy and paste information I disabled "lock on exit" and set a timeout after which the master password needs to be re-entered.

Now, if I use the Safari extension, unlock it with the master password, but then before the timeout triggers, I try to use the Safari extension again, I get a grey screen instead of seeing 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mattsch: That's definitely the same issue. We had a fix for this but it turns out it broke some other things. For now the only workaround is to enable Lock on Exit, but we're hoping to find a better solution in he future. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. :(

ref: OPI-3425

• liseb
    liseb
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem on my iPad mini AND my iPhone 5, both with IOS 10.2.
    But on my husband's iPhone 6 there is NO problem! He has Touch Id active, so he does not normally have Lock on Exit deactivated, but he has tried both with and without Lock on Exit active - no problem with using the extension!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@liseb: Yeah, it isn't clear why this is only happening to some people with Lock on Exit disabled. Does enabling it help on either of your devices?

• liseb
    liseb
    Community Member
    Options

It does, but it is not an option, really.
    Will any solution be advice here?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@liseb: At this time there are only two ways around this issue: enabling Lock on Exit, or using 1Browser within 1Password itself. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you. Hopefully we'll be able to find what's causing this to happen on some devices.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Just a quick update here. We have a fix for this in the latest beta, so if all goes well it should make it into a stable release soonish. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.