Settings so that 1password does not activate when linking through certain sites

Options
Marmot123
Marmot123
Community Member

At work, I use various apps, including salesforce and another SaaS app that that I frequently access outside of of SalesForce in which case I use 1password. But when I click on a link or a button that's customized to go to that same SaaS app, in which case I don't want 1password to be used. How can i solve that?

There's also a case where I access services even just getting at my work email through a chrome. It's google hosted email at work but I access through secure connection then click on a link to access it so for that situation I'd like 1password to not activate but I use non work gmail from another browser it'd be cool to have that in there

I do see where you can enter URLs of those sites where you never want 1password to activate so that will help for certain things but I don't see further settings address the problems above.

Thank you.

Neil

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Marmot123,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help!

I'm afraid I don't quite understand the exact problem you're describing, so I wonder if you can elaborate on a few things:

At work, I use various apps, including salesforce and another SaaS app that that I frequently access outside of of SalesForce in which case I use 1password. But when I click on a link or a button that's customized to go to that same SaaS app, in which case I don't want 1password to be used.

1Password works with web browsers (if you have the 1Password browser extension installed) but it cannot integrate with other apps on your Mac. So I'm not sure what you mean about 1Password being used with those apps. Can you please give us more specific details about the steps you're taking in those apps and what 1Password is (or isn't) doing?

There's also a case where I access services even just getting at my work email through a chrome. It's google hosted email at work but I access through secure connection then click on a link to access it so for that situation I'd like 1password to not activate but I use non work gmail from another browser it'd be cool to have that in there

Do you mean 1Password is doing something when you click on a certain link in Chrome? If so, what link do you click on, and what does 1Password do? Again, I'm having trouble understanding what you're doing or how 1Password is involved. If you can walk us through exactly what happens on your end, that should help us understand your request.

I do see where you can enter URLs of those sites where you never want 1password to activate so that will help for certain things but I don't see further settings address the problems above.

Are you referring to the Autosave setting in 1Password > Preferences > Browsers where you can enter website addresses where you don't want 1Password to prompt you to save new Login items? What other settings would you like to see there?

Thanks in advance! :)

• Marmot123
    Marmot123
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Drew, thank for responding. I think my questions were poorly worded and dependent on resolution of issues outlined in another post from me. Once that's resolved, then I'll enter websites I want as exceptions, try to re-produce the the issue from the issue I tried to explain -above. If I can reproduce the issue, I'll come back to the forum and ask a proper question. Wow, I really am acting just like a classic newbie. :)

Neil

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Neil ( @Marmot123 ),

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a newbie. We’re just glad that you’re here and willing to work with us!

If you’re the type of person who enjoys reading documentation, we’ve got a User Guide that can walk you through a lot of the basics of 1Password. It might help you get a better feel for the app.

And of course, we’re always happy to answer any questions you might have. :)

• Marmot123
    Marmot123
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks you. This app's super useful, yet sometimes when I start using an app, I jump in without reading any docs at all. This approach works fine somtimes, other times I spend more extra time on configuration than it wold have taken to quickly read at least the getting started docs.

• You're very welcome. Feel free to post here any time you have a questions.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.