Clearing iCloud data

AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: How can I delete an old iCloud vault for which I don't remember the password?.

Comments

• PIM_Sandra
    PIM_Sandra
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

Hi, I am having the same problem. Obviously somebody created a vault on my mac before it was given to me, and now there is a vault on iCloud that 1password tries to merge before I can activate the sync for my current vault (which I would like to sync on my iPhone). But I don't have the password to that other vault! So I found this thread and was glad to see that there should be a possibility to delete the data on iCloud. I work with the German version of 1password and unfortunately there is no "erase iCloud data" under "Erweitert", which should be the equivalent to "advanced". Any idea where I can find the "erase"-Button in my version (1Password Version 6.3.1 (631005) Mac App Store)???

Cheers,
    Sandra

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@PIM_Sandra: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate discussion so we can focus on your particular issue.

I'm really sorry for the confusion here! In fact, if someone else had used 1Password on that Mac before they gave it to you, that wouldn't be their data in your iCloud account -- unless you'd shared that with them previously. However, if you're certain that you neither need nor want the data stored in iCloud, you can go to Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data to clear it so you can setup sync. This option was in a different menu last year, but that is the correct location in the current version.

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• PIM_Sandra
    PIM_Sandra
    Community Member

@brenty wonderful, that did the job! I was able to delete the data and from there it was easy. Never would have found the right menu without your help, Thanks. Obviously the guy who set up my computer set up a vault and deleted it afterwords, without deleting the iCloud sync. But now everything is fine and my phone syncs like it should :-)

Thanks again!

For any other German users with a similar problem: it's "Hilfe -> Fehlerbehebung -> iCloud-Daten zurücksetzen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.