Suggestion: Open and Fill button text...

Options
MrC
MrC
Volunteer Moderator

The Open and Fill button text should by dynamically changed to just Open, when Never Submit is enabled for the entry, or when otherwise disabled.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the suggestion, @MrC!

Just to be clear though, 'Fill' and 'Submit' are two different things. Even if you set a Login item to Never submit (or if you disable the Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords setting in 1Password > Preferences), the Open and Fill feature will still open the site and fill your credentials. After filling, it simply won't submit the web form.

I hope that helps to clear up the confusion - but please let me know if I misunderstood your suggestion. :)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Options

Oh, yes, you are correct. I happened to be on the stupid Citi bank site which routinely fails to work properly, and hit a 1Password bug that causes Fill to not work if a page was filled already once in the browser session, but you ask it to Open and Fill again. So, two confound set of circumstances confused me - not that it takes much.

I'd mistakenly thought of No Submit and No Fill as one and the same.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries @MrC! You're certainly not the first to mix up filling and submitting - in fact it happens quite often. If only I had a nickel for each time I've seen one confused for the other! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.