My 1password has stopped logging in to any password protected page without clicking of OK or enter

Options
Harlan
Harlan
Community Member

When I would go to a pw protected site I would let 1PW fill in the required data and the site would auto open now I must click on OK or enter to get the site to open.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My 1password has stopped logging in to any password protected page without clicking of OK or enter

Comments

• JonHawkins
    JonHawkins
    Community Member
    Options

Mine also does not work. Was OK on old Mac but on new one can't get it to do so. Still looking to see if I missed a tick box in the settings but nothing yet :(

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Harlan and @JonHawkins,

I'm sorry to hear 1Password seems to have stopped automatically submitting sign-in forms on websites after it fills them!

Let's start by checking some settings to make sure things are configured correctly:

1. Open the main 1Password app.
    2. Go to 1Password > Preferences in the menu, then click on the Browser tab.
    3. Make sure the setting for 'Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords' is enabled (there should be a check mark next to it).
    4. Find a Login item in your vault that isn't being auto-submitted correctly, then click the Edit button.
    5. Make sure the 'submit' setting (near the bottom of the item details) is either Submit when enabled or Always submit (if not, change it to one of those).
    6. Click Save.
    7. Open that site in your browser and use the 1Password extension to fill your username/password.

If those settings are all correct but auto-submit isn't working, we'll need to knew a few more details:

• What version of Mac OS X are you running?
    • What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • What web browser are you using, and what version?
    • What version of the 1Password extension is installed in your browser?
    • Is the problem happening on all sites or just one/some?
    • If you don't mind, what is the URL for one of the sites where auto-submit isn't working?
    • What are the exact steps you normally take to have 1Password fill your login credentials?

Thanks!

• Harlan
    Harlan
    Community Member
    Options

I changed the vault setting to Always submit and it is working

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news, @Harlan! I'm glad that took care of the problem for you. Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. :)

• JonHawkins
    JonHawkins
    Community Member
    Options

Mine up an working now. Somehow missed the tick box you refer too. Much appreciated!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Drew, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.