Any update on the 1Password window doesn't-remember-maximised-state, bug

Options
pbryanw
pbryanw
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,

I think I bought up this small bug in another thread (which has since been locked) so best to start a new thread for it.

At the moment, the 1Password window (for the beta desktop app) doesn't remember it's maximised state, if you last closed it in that position.

Currently I'm using a 3rd party app called ZMover to force it to maximise on app start-up.

So, I would certainly appreciate it, if this (minor) bug could be fixed in an upcoming update :+1:

Thanks, Paul

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @pbryanw while it's on the to-do list, it's far from today. But, for your scenario i think there is a simpler way: open properties of the 1Password icon on the desktop and ask it to be maximized at start.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

@sergeytheagile - That's great! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. For some reason I had completely forgotten that these program options existed - maybe I've been relying on ZMover too much :chuffed: (Edit: And now I see I can use these options to also maximise Regedit, Services, Windbg etc..)

This has now fixed the issue on my PC, and I guess it's no longer a pressing matter for me.

(Update: I've noticed this fix doesn't work when you bring up the app window from the browser extension - I guess this will be fixed when the 1Password-mini background service gets released).

Thanks! :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Sergey, you are most welcome! I'm glad to that helped. However,

(Update: I've noticed this fix doesn't work when you bring up the app window from the browser extension - I guess this will be fixed when the 1Password-mini background service gets released).

I wonder if another app or Windows setting is causing this. While Sergey's suggestion is helpful, I actually find that 1Password opens maximized if I'd closed it that way without using that trick, whether I open it from a shortcut, the notification icon, or the browser extension. If you're experiencing this with other apps also seemingly "forgetting" their window settings (as your description seems to indicate), that would make sense. You also didn't mention which version of Windows you're using, so that may come into play.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

@Brenty - Hi, I'm using a relatively new installation of Windows 10 Pro x64.

I wonder if you're using the Windows Store app, which doesn't have this problem? I've replicated the problem on a relatively new Windows 10 Virtual Machine too. However, programs like Regedit and the Services Control Panel have always opened in a window for me (through multiple installations of Windows) - though I'll have a root around my PC to see if any other programs could be causing this.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @pbryanw,

We haven't tested how it behaves on different monitors as it's not really a common setup. The different resolution between different monitors can change how the app behaves, however this is not likely the issue.

The setting change you did only applies when you open the icon from the desktop but clicking on the 1Password icon in the process bypasses that icon with the setting, so it makes sense it doesn't open up in a specific state that you expect.

We have to add a method to retain the window states upon existing, so that's on the list as Serg mentioned but not something high on our list at the moment.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

@MikeT - Thanks for your help - I also think the resolution setting was a red herring. The main problem was 1Password for Desktop not opening maximized from the Taskbar, and Sergey's solution has fixed that for me - thanks again :+1:

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome and if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime, please let us know.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but thanks for fixing this in the latest beta :+1:

It's little things like this getting fixed, that make me enjoy using 1Password on Windows. Thanks. :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you so much for letting us know. On behalf of the whole team, you are most welcome! We love improvements like this too. Now I'm a bit worried than I've jinxed us and we'll find something else wrong, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.