Sync'd on iCloud, but cannot see 1Password on iCloud. Cannot use 1Password on other computer.

Marsha1111
Marsha1111
Community Member

I just purchased 1Password on iMac. Works fine. Snyc'd with iCloud successful. I'm expecting to see 1Password somewhere on my iCloud account, but I don't see anything. I want to use 1Password on my MacBook Air, but when I login to a new site, 1Password does not ask to save. I'm not sure if I should see 1Password folder on iCloud. I'm not sure how to initiate 1Password on my Air. I've read through all your other queries but none can help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Sync'd on iCloud, but cannot see 1Password on iCloud. Cannot use 1Password on other computer.

Comments

• stillmoms
    stillmoms
    Community Member

Not to step on the AgileBits’ support staff’s toes, but iCloud sync just means that 1Password has stored your data (the encrypted password database) in iCloud. You still need to download the 1Password app from the Mac App Store on your MacBook Air. When it opens, you can then tell it to use the data from your iCloud account. You will also need to install the browser extensions on your MacBook Air, just like you did on your iMac.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Marsha1111,

I'm sorry to hear that you've bumped into some trouble while setting up sync for 1Password. There's a couple of questions that I'd like to ask you so we're on the same page :smile: Just to be sure, have you installed 1Password on your MacBook too? You have to install it and apply your license on both computers to then be able to sync them. If you haven't you only have to follow the same steps as you did to install 1Password on your iMac. Have you set up syncing on your MacBook the same way you did on your iMac? You need to follow the exact same steps, with the same iCloud account and then you should be ready to go.

I hope to hear back from you so we can go forward into setting up 1Password in both your computers! :chuffed:

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member

I just downloaded 1Password on my MacBook. I am asked for an Account Key and I don't know where to find it.

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member

I purchased 1Password single license. The popup heading is 1Password Account. Is this correct?

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member

I'm trying to work this out. Instead of clicking Sign in to your 1Password account, I clicked Create Your First Vault. Looks like I need to create another master password here. I've used the password I created on my iMac. It looks to have worked. Just tested by signing into a site, 1Password saved the action. Good progress. Now the question is: how can I see all the logins I have entered into 1Password on the iMac, from my MacBook? Thank you in advance.

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member

I just have one more question. I'm wondering why 1Password does not ask for iTunes password when I sign in?

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member

All you have to do is not reply and I work it out! LOL Just finished syncing on iCloud with MacBook. Wait, thought I had it all but now another glitch. I am required to enter a vault password, but I don't know what it is. Popup says: "1Password detected that the data in the Primary vault is different from the data you selected in iCloud". (I have chosen to merge). I'm actually intelligent, just keep missing stuff with this, sorry. Just saw the password hint and can tell it is the master password. Vault password and master are the same--now I know.

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member

Had to enter Apple password with sync, 1Password grabbed it. Now I know. LOL

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member

Yay! It is all there and all working. It was fun chatting to myself. I feel all 'safe' now.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Marsha1111,

Good morning! I’m so sorry that we didn’t get to you quite quickly enough to help you work through this, but it’s great to see that you managed to get everything sorted out.

If there’s any other questions you have about 1Password, we are here for you. You can also check out our support pages, which includes the Mac User Guide, which provides a brief walkthrough of the app for new users.

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member

I have an issue with iCloud sync. When I logon to my iMac, I receive a 1Password msg that my iCloud Session has expired. I click OK and sign in with my Apple ID. The attached page opens and spins forever, never to resolve.

• Hi @Marsha1111 ,

When you set up syncing with iCloud in 1Password for Mac (website version only), you are prompted to sign in with your Apple ID on a web page. After successful sign in, it redirects to the URL that 1Password handles. When this URL is received, 1Password comes back to the foreground and allows you to continue to set up sync.

Sometimes after successful sign in, 1Password never comes back to the foreground. This usually happens because something intercepted that "callback" URL. Most of the time this is because Firefox or Chrome has added the scheme for that special callback URL to its own settings so it intercepts it instead of handing it off to OS X, which would hand it off to 1Password.

Please try this:

1. Go into your Chrome settings.
    2. Click "Show Advanced" at the bottom, and in the "Privacy" section, click "Content Settings".
    3. Scroll down to "Handlers" and click "Manage Handlers".
    4. If you see an entry that says "cloudkit-icloud.com.agilebits.onepassword", remove it. That was telling Chrome to handle the URL (which it didn't know how to do) instead of passing it back to 1Password.

Now, when 1Password asks you to log in again, do so, and Chrome may ask you which app to use to open "cloudkit-icloud.com.agilebits.onepassword". If it does, choose "1Password mini". After that, it should be ok.

If not, please let us know.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member

Thank you Kevin. At the moment the agilebits cloudkit was not in the handlers and I am no longer being prompted. I will return to your very clear explanation if starts to happen again. Thank you.

• Marsha1111
    Marsha1111
    Community Member

I need to login to 1Password. It is asking for my account key. I do not know where to find it. I've googled there is an emergency kit but I am not on a team. How to find the account key?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@marsha1111 are you asking how to set up 1Password for Mac or how to sign in on 1Password.com?

If you're trying to set up 1Password for Mac just choose the "Use without an account" option then set up sync via whatever method you chose. (I believe that's iCloud, based on your original message, but I don't know if you changed that in the meantime.)

If you're trying to sign in to 1Password.com you have to have a subscription to 1Password Families or 1Password Teams. The standalone 1Password apps save information on your device and sync it via the method you choose. 1Password Families and 1Password Teams save information on AgileBits servers and sync in the same way, which means the data is also available in the browser via 1Password.com :)

This discussion has been closed.