Single person licence

Options
royalt
royalt
Community Member

If I buy a single licence from the Apple Store, do I need a second licence for the iPhone app in order to sync my passwords?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:If I buy a single licence from Apple Store do I need a second licence for the iphone app?

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi @royalt ,

You don't need a second license for your iPhone. The iOS and Android basic versions are free. They can, however, be upgraded with an in-app purchase to the Pro version.

Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• royalt
    royalt
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Rob, you are quite welcome. :+1:

Have a great rest of your weekend! :)

• xvyhl100
    xvyhl100
    Community Member
    Options

I plan to buy this year's Parallels bundle Families with 1Password, but I prefer standalone license. Is there a possibility of additional changes to the type of license? Thank you for answer.

• Hi @xvyhl100,

Thanks for your interest in the Parallels bundle! It is not possible to swap the Family plan for a standalone license. You are welcome to purchase a standalone license separately if you wish.

Rudy

• ruyman
    ruyman
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @rudy

I was planning to buy as well Parallels bundle. But now I have a question:

Could you please, confirm the 1Password program is not possible to configure it as a standalone? (I understood that if I use 1PwAccount, then I need to pay for a plan, if not, I could use my own way to make the synchronization and I don't need to pay monthly)

So, my idea was: buy the bundle, get the program and use it as 'standalone'

Thanks in advance and best regards,
    Ruyman

• Hi @Ruyman,

Thanks for your question.

The application remains licensed so long as your subscription is paid up and the application is configured to use that account. Once the account lapses (the free period is up and you decide not to pay the continuing subscription free) the application reverts to an unlicensed state. So while that would be an option, you would have to additionally purchase a license separate from the subscription to use it as a standalone product.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.