Sync issue with iCloud

Options
safety1
safety1
Community Member

I have previously set up my MAC and IOS devices to sync with iCloud. I just noticed that a few account passwords I changed on my Mac have not changed on my IOS. all updates, and versions are fine, and the iCloud drive is on. Will the sync work if I'm out of back up space in iCloud? Thanks. if yes i will try and research further to uncover the problem...Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@safety1: If you're out of iCloud storage space, 1Password won't be able to save changes there. Is that what's happened? Please let me know what you find!

• safety1
    safety1
    Community Member
    Options

When I log in to iCloud it says I have 1.34GB Available.Separately I do get messages that my iPad and phone cannot be backed up because there is not enough space. Thanks

• safety1
    safety1
    Community Member
    Options

Still trying troubleshoot this.
    When I log in to iCloud it says I have 1.34GB Available.Separately I do get messages that my iPad and phone cannot be backed up because there is not enough space. Thanks

• Hi @safety1 ,

It sounds like you have plenty of space for syncing, just not enough to back up your devices. The next step is to confirm that 1Password tried to sync. Open 1Password and make a change to an item and save it. It can be any change, any item; it doesn't matter how small. Then open the Preferences in 1Password and click on Sync. When does it say that your Primary vault last synced?

If it doesn't say it just synced when you made changes to the item above, then there is an issue with sync. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. Also, please include the date and time you made the change to the item above.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Regards,
    Kevin

• safety1
    safety1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response, After i make a change it does say last sync a few seconds ago. sorry to feed you this step by step but I don't know what else to do.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @safety1,

Thanks for trying that! It sounds like things are set up & working correctly in 1Password on your Mac, so let's double-check the sync settings on your iPad and iPhone:

• On each iOS device, open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Primary.
    • Make sure it shows the Sync Service is iCloud.
    • If it shows a different sync service or says Start Syncing, enable sync with iCloud by following the steps here: Sync with iCloud (iOS)

If iCloud is already enabled in 1Password on both devices, please create a new item (like a Secure Note) on your iPad, and another one on your iPhone. Name each one so you can tell where it was created (for example, "Test from iPad", "Test from iPhone", etc). Allow the sync to complete on each device. Do either of those items show up in 1Password on your Mac? Do they show up on both iOS devices?

It will also help if you let us know a few more details about your setup:

Thanks!

• safety1
    safety1
    Community Member
    Options

All devices show sync service <iCloud. with a sync now button that seems to work.
    I added secure notes on all devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad) and none transferred to other.
    Below are versions you requested...

Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.5
    1pass Version 6.3.1 from Mac App store
    iPhone iOS 9.3.2
    iPad iOS 9.3.2

iPhone 1pass version 6.4.2
    iPad version 6.4

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @safety1!

As long as you're signed into the same Apple ID on your Mac and iOS devices, and iCloud Drive is enabled on each one, I'm not sure why nothing is syncing. We can try resetting your 1Password data in iCloud and then re-sync your data to see if that helps. First, you should backup your data as a precaution. On your Mac, open 1Password and go to File > Backup. On your iOS devices, you can create backups and save them to your Mac by following the steps here: Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS)

Once you've made fresh backups, go ahead and follow these steps to reset the 1Password data in iCloud:

• On your Mac, open the 1Password app and go to Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data.
    • Confirm you want to reset it by clicking "Yes, Remove Remote Data".
    • After a moment you should see a message that confirms the data was reset and sync was disabled (click OK).
    • Go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar, then click the Sync tab.
    • Change the sync setting for your Primary vault from None to iCloud.
    • Click Start Syncing (the initial sync may take a few minutes - make sure you allow it to complete).

The 1Password app on your iOS devices should stop syncing when it realizes the data in iCloud was reset, and will give you an error message about that on each one (which is expected). You can follow these steps to re-enable iCloud sync:

• On each iOS device, open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Primary > Start Syncing > Sync with iCloud.
    • You should see a message saying 1Password found data on iCloud - tap Merge to start syncing.

Does the sync work now? Let us know how it all goes, thanks! :)

• safety1
    safety1
    Community Member
    Options

Trying to put some screenshots, got to this
    Click Start Syncing (the initial sync may take a few minutes - make sure you allow it to complete).

Clicked start syncing

The wheel keeps turning. Says 1password will create a copy of your vault in iCloud, but doesn't finish.

I checked mac preferences, iCloud

sorry to be such a bother but this is very frustrating.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@safety1: It's no bother at all! I can only imagine how frustrating it must be. Thanks for your patience!

It sounds like you're not able to click the "Start syncing" button at all. Is that correct? I wonder if this is related to something I've also experienced. Try this:

1. Open 1Password
    2. Click the 1Password menu
    3. Hold down the Control key
    4. Click Quit 1Password and 1Password mini
    5. Open 1Password again and try to enable sync

Please let me know if that works. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• safety1
    safety1
    Community Member
    Options

"It sounds like you're not able to click the "Start syncing" button at all. Is that correct? "

No i can click start syncing but the wheel just keeps circling.
    I tried your suggestions and still have a problem. I also tried your suggestion and restarted, i also turned off 1password in iCloud drive, restarted, when I tried to sync i was prompted to turn on iCloud drive which I did, but still get the same result, the wheel just circles and completes sync.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@safety1: Weird. At this point, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, try once more, generate a diagnostic report as Kevin suggested, and then send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• safety1
    safety1
    Community Member
    Options

sent diagnostic
    [#WDC-17121-942] 1Password 5 Diagnostics Report for steven

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @safety1! I found that in our system. We'll follow up via email when we can so everything is kept in the same place :)

ref: WDC-17121-942

This discussion has been closed.