Uninstall and retrieve license

AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni
edited June 2016 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: Can I put 1Password on multiple devices?.

Comments

• WWS
    WWS
    Community Member

Hi, I just got a new computer. Would agilebits send me the license information via email please so that I can have OnePassword on my new computer. I'm giving the old computer away to a friend, so it'd be great if you would let me know how I can uninstall OnePasword as well. Thank you very much!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@WWS: Unfortunately we don't have any records matching this email. That might mean you used different information at the time of purchase. In that case, simply enter the correct email address into this form to retrieve your license information:

Resend license

Alternatively, you may have purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store. In that case, we won't have any record of it, as it is owned and operated by Apple. In that case it's tied to your Apple ID, and you'll need to install it again from your App Store purchase history.

If you're not sure, please check your records, as you'll have an email receipt regardless of where it was purchased. It should also include transaction details that may help track it down. And then email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com with a copy of your receipt so we can get you taken care of.

Regarding uninstalling 1Password from your old computer, just follow the instructions in this guide:

Uninstalling 1Password

However, if you're giving the entire computer to someone else, it would be better to simply wipe all data from the drive, so there isn't any personal information left on it. That's a lot easier too, since you can set Disk Utility to overwrite everything on the drive and just let it go.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• WWS
    WWS
    Community Member

Ok. Let me check my record. I did find an icon of something from agilebits with the title your receipt and license information but I couldn't open it and got some message about Outlook isn't opening. I may have used my work email when I bought the software. Is it okay to send my email in this chat?

• WWS
    WWS
    Community Member

I checked my credit card statements. I was debited by Visa on July 11, 2015 for a payment of $49.99 to agilebits. There's a lot of personal information on the credit card statement. If you'd like I can try to redact personal information on the statement and send it to support+licenses@agilebits.com. Please let me know if that works. Thanks a lot, Brent!

• WWS
    WWS
    Community Member

Brenty, Apologies for so many messages. I finally found how to find my license and have installed1Password6 on my new Mac. However, the information is not the most updated version (I changed some information yesterday and the changes aren't in). I'll try to figure out how to update. If I run into trouble, I'll contact support again. Thanks so much for your patience!

• WWS
    WWS
    Community Member

Hi Brent, I'm back. I couldn't transfer the data, so I updated the data in 1Password on the new Mac. Now I have two vaults: Primary and 1 Password (which are identical as far as I can tell). Is it safe to remove the duplicate vault?
    Also, I followed the steps to sync to Dropbox. If I close OnePassword on the new Mac and then use a browser to reach Dropbox.com, then the 1Password.agilekeychain file that appears is the updated one (with 99 items). However, if I use a browser on a different computer to access Dropbox.com, the 1Password.agilekeychain file that appears is a very old one (with only 75 items). Is this a Dropbox issue?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WWS,

I finally found how to find my license and have installed1Password6 on my new Mac.

I’m so glad to hear that you’ve been figuring this out!

Now I have two vaults: Primary and 1 Password (which are identical as far as I can tell). Is it safe to remove the duplicate vault?

If the two vaults are identical, you can remove the ‘1Password’ vault. I would recommend going to 1Password’s menu and selecting File > Backup before doing this, just so that you can restore if necessary.

If I close OnePassword on the new Mac and then use a browser to reach Dropbox.com, then the 1Password.agilekeychain file that appears is the updated one (with 99 items). However, if I use a browser on a different computer to access Dropbox.com, the 1Password.agilekeychain file that appears is a very old one (with only 75 items). Is this a Dropbox issue?

Do you have multiple Dropbox accounts perhaps? Or is there a chance that Dropbox didn’t have a chance to fully sync when you opened up Dropbox.com on the other computer?

• WWS
    WWS
    Community Member

Megan, I will check whether I have multiple Dropbox account. Thanks for the suggestion. If I have more issues, I'll write again. Appreciate the agilebits team's patience.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WWS,

No worries! Ask as many questions as you need, we’re always happy to help. :)

• WWS
    WWS
    Community Member

Megan, I deleted the 1Pasword vault, but the primary vault disappeared too. All the items seems to be there though. Is it okay to have no vault? I'm confused.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WWS,

Sorry for the confusion about that! You still have a vault, and it's still called the Primary vault. When you only have one vault in 1Password (i.e. the Primary vault), the vault switcher isn't shown in the top left corner of the window (because there are no other vaults to switch to). In other words, the vault switcher disappeared, but your Primary vault is still there. When you open 1Password and see your data, that's your Primary vault.

Please let us know if you have more questions about that. By the way, your avatar is one of the most adorable ones I've ever seen! :love:

• WWS
    WWS
    Community Member

Thanks for clarifying. I have deleted the extra vault. I have a basic Dropbox account. I can access my Dropbox files when I use other people's computer, but not the 1Password.agilekeychain. It doesn't seem to be because the folder is password protected as it doesn't even ask me for a password. Is that a Dropbox issue?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WWS,

It is not possible to access your 1Password data directly from the Dropbox website. You’ll need to use a computer that has 1Password (and your database) installed.

This discussion has been closed.